SIXTEEN

Useless like an oiled lettuce that I've been nibbling on since the last five minutes, i sat facing Oliver who had his vision gunned to its target- that would be the baroque magnum which sat more sophisticatedly on top of table then both of us comb...

Useless like an oiled lettuce that I've been nibbling on since the last five minutes, i sat facing Oliver who had his vision gunned to its target- that would be the baroque magnum which sat more sophisticatedly on top of table then both of us combined.

"What's so whimsical about a bottle of wine Oliver?" savoring the leafy texture of digestive lettuce I smiled oddly "And what's that apparent tension we are ignoring?"

He held his breath, undid a button of his shirt and returned my smile- finally returning my gaze. Not as useless as I believed, was I?

"How can I go from being so high to stooping so low in a span of an hour Thea?"

Fuck.

He was shattered. If not his face- his crumpled voice did betray him.

"Because you were once a man with dignity and grace- and then you were not?" babbling unhelpful quotes I gnawed at my lower lip.

"Is that from-

"Alec Benjamin? Yeah"

"Why won't we look anywhere else?" he mused attempting to lift his gaze up- but failed with sigh. I offered him a drink- pouring the burgundy syrup on a shiny cabernet for him. It bubbled up excitedly as I watched it with vengeful eyes.

"You sure you don't want to get drunk?" he asked arching his brow. I shook my head.

"I am not the one who has to go through her ex"

I lied. My envy was licking itself to morph the hurt I felt in the name of dignity. At least Oliver had a closure while I had no clue for what made me feel so- so

"Lost Thea?"

"what?"

"You seem to appear lost in your humble thoughts, Is there a matter?" even tipsy Oliver had his interpreted doubts of me. Our diminutive misery holding and forbidding us from delighting our presence to be pampered by the lavish set of Andre's. The breezy melody that caressed the air played by the live choir, the hospitality of servers, the beautiful people with decaying spirits and the oiled lettuce.

Can't do it, can't with those two sat by ten feet ahead. By a visual proximity.

Hated it.

"Why are they laughing so much?" Oliver took a swig, from the bottle. I see he had updated his tragic atmosphere. He was, looking at them. They are laughing. Having a good time. Enjoying each others company. Just as they should.

"A joke" grumbling I waved a flick of hand for the waiter to see, he hurries elegantly. He was fast- but seem to be trained to appear composed while doing so. Servers more apt on etiquette than diners.

"I laugh such when Felix narrates me a fart joke. You think that's whats making her smile like that- is that asshole-

"No"