ONE

I leave no tables upturned when it comes to my dedication to get home as early as possible and crash

I leave no tables upturned when it comes to my dedication to get home as early as possible and crash. Lay on the unmade mattress I leave behind every single morning before I stride to work with a growling hunger infested stomach and dark black coffee on hand.

Upon entering the graphic designing sector of Toronto's most sorted and funded event organizing label, I force myself to paste a honeylecious smile to reply the greetings I receive from my dear Canadian colleagues. As the stereotype goes, I could do it in reflex, to appear pleasant despite how barren I feel inside. The nation's blood ran through my nerves though my head pounded at the thought of another day at work that I obviously don't enjoy.

When I reach my desk I spot Emily, my best friend who managed to pester the human resource departmental agent to squeeze in a job for me, for a girl without a qualification and well, complete acceptance of eradication in her life.

She grinned at me, waving her hand frantically as her blonde hair swayed in motion. Her blue eyes popped by the thick line of mascara she wears religiously, the shade of those gorgeous sea blue orbs made the blunt and boring navy blue uniform look decent on her .

I halted to stare at my reflection by the gigantic mirror that occupied the entire wall for some reason. May be because the working atmosphere reflected through them and was staged to be seen by the graphic heads office upstairs. He mostly does keep an eye on this level to make our life a little more miserable.

Theoretically I like to flatter myself by thinking his American ass hates me. To think the chief selected my designs over his when I was only a month old intern must have threatened his competitiveness. He was older- way older. Probably nearing his thirty. That's old for me. But instead of being a mature leader, he would load me with elephant sized assignments only to pass the kittens volume of nomination and then compress it down to the scope of a Rats eye ball.

I frown looking at my short shoulder length hair crisp from the cold I walked through, now melting under room temperature. My shirt was a size larger, supporting a white full sleeved sweater underneath. Like other I wore black fitted pants and shoes to complete the code.

In winter we were allowed to wear jacket and in sunny field work we got to top a baseball cap.

But I'd like to wear a rather annoying and distressed look instead.

But that wasn't allowed so I walked to Emily. Luckily our desks were on end sides. Unnoticed by the colossal arena the workspace was. It was our cozy little corner where we spoke about things that shouldn't be spoken. Like-

"You said you were suffocating last night. Glad to see you alive" i took a seat and swiveled to face the monitor, while turning it on I felt Emily Gagnons stare on the side of my face.

"You read my text last night?" her voice held a pent up gasp I nodded not looking at her "You didn't replied to me"

"I was tired"