TEN

There was no hiding no more

There was no hiding no more. I don't intend to be on the cowardly genre. But my mental and physical cooperation betrayed ever daunting progress I made.

Sauntering across the copying machine I hugged the stack of color coded files that I had to laminate. The smell of veneering oils in the room hits me, thick and metallic, it causes an instant nausea to claw at my head. My eyes watered at how heavy the effects was on me than the rest who occupied the room.

I seeked for a reason. But all I got was.

That's because you somehow mysteriously has been hearing, seeing and smelling on things and visions that you normally shouldn't Althea.

Stacking the documents on the top of a board bench I pulled a health mask out. Wearing it helped-but never bettered. My senses now felt like a stupid super power that could actually kill me at the end. A slow poison. Whenever its intensity heightened- I had been wholly sick by the Days dawn. And by twilight- I struggled to hold the scream from the pain I endured inside the Covet of my room.

The burning skin, the racing heart and the shortness of my breath.

I would have got myself checked if had I made sense.

But no- I began feeling numb after a mental breakdown. Colder in person and hotter in temper. In such reflex I had committed doings that even shocked me. Things like-

"Are you alright?" I looked at my right, Jason who had a concerned watch on me frowned. I realized that my vice grip on the paddle lock of the door must have interrupted him from exiting- But when I moved, I could barely stay stiff on my two feet.

"Woah- Woah" he blurted hurried, supporting me as I gasped. I didn't wanted to hide anymore- not to be so weak when I could do so much more if my body would let me be. "Are you- having a panic attack like thing?" the young Jason blurts. I frown- like things?

Why is that so sugar coated? What it such a bad thing to go through?

"No- just allergy" I lie. Pushing through the door and inhaling a huge gust of scent free air when I was out. Giving up in general. Jason was next to me in jiffy.

"Want me to bring you some water" he urged combing his fingers through my hair worried. I denied with a shake of my head, still scowling at him for babying me. Yes, I was younger than most here- but I was perfectly capable of-

-Perfectly capable of flicking my gaze in snap towards the angling cameras on ceiling and wondering –Did he saw?

"You look sick" Jason ran a scan through my face, but flattened his navy blue polo shirt with the palm of his hand happily.

"You mean I still look sick when all others are basically rocking this no dress code freedom?" rolling my eyes at his eager nod we walked- he seemed too jovial, the striking resemblance of a child in Christmas. I know he waited for me to ask-