TWELVE

The community Euphonious ballet hall had seldom been so quiescent, or it's because I sat glued to the bleachers twisting and turning to peek at the large metal clock

The kids were gone. Almost all, except for the one who I was fascinated by the most. The one who had presumed me under her scrutinizing imagination as of to be a child abductor the last wise we met.

She sat next to me, in her frilly dress and tiny high bun with pearl tie encircling them. She slouched cupping her face with both her palms, pouting and blowing air from her miniature nose noisily when her patience tore.

No surprise there that she got tired of my company, I wasn't exactly an adventurous soul. But I was a candid questionnaire. When I frowned at her as she peeped at me through the corner of her eyes, she was smart enough to catch my lingering doubts.

"I have no clue of what's taking mommy so long?" she in her nasally childlike voice blurted shrugging.

"And I have no idea of why I am so adamant on bidding you farewell" I backed both my arms like wing span, resting them by the railing that divided the posterior lane from front.

"What's adamant?"

I hummed. Too smug to answer the little one. I must go to hell- I had no sense of conversation. Especially with a kid. She sighed.

"What's your name?" I enquired.

This wise she kept her cool. I sighed- a lazy but genuine smile stretching across my face. The week had passed with me locked up in a deafening silence, with Mr. Yu in cabin and him making a one eighty degree flip with his mildly playful persona, then becoming the one who ignored me in entirety. It rose a realization in me.

A knowledge that I preferred his calm and fun demeanor in exchange for that stony and icy mask of a CEO he donned when he worked since a couple of days. I regarded it as mask, I know it was his alternative every time we made eye contact and he stole his gaze clenching his jaws. A sign that he keeps fighting his personality to impersonate what he wasn't at the moment,

But Why?

It morphed the environment into something rigid and bland. Something fake. Something unnatural.

"Stubborn"

"What?"

"Adamant" I sniffed tapping her bun with my pinky "It means stubborn"

She nods taking the information in. Then she looks up at me- big eyes. God she was such a pretty child with princess like lashes and round chubby face!

"Eva"

"Huh?"

"My name" she rolls her eyes tapping my nose the similar way as I did with her head. "And I don't know what it means"

Chuckling I got up, dusting the grey jacket and pointing at her winter coat. She blinked at me confused. I winked at her in a feather flap and started to walk.