FOURTEEN

It's important you refer the last few paragraphs of chapter twelve in TOXIC INNOCENCE, I.e the other book to avoid any confusion. ONLY THEN Proceed🙂.

The cold I felt during the night was replaced by an enchanting heat when I woke up to the stream of sunlight pouring through the glass window, the square panels were aligned at a soaring height with the room itself structured to be of a higher len...

The cold I felt during the night was replaced by an enchanting heat when I woke up to the stream of sunlight pouring through the glass window, the square panels were aligned at a soaring height with the room itself structured to be of a higher length than usual. It was in my sleepy state I let the mightiness of such luxurious room tickle my delight. But that wasn't the cause of my expeditious panic to have woken up in a space that wasn't familiar.

It was the absence of Eva beside on the king sized bed that had me.

Hopping through the tangle of comforter I refused to make an effort to stabilize my dazed stage of groggy stature, I stumbled out of the room with hair on my face. It flailed like a silky band of thread with me as I searched for her- left to right. In kitchen and in washroom. Then finally I bolted through the door that was kept shut- probably another room, that's where I found them.

Not just her, but him as well.

None noticed me. With a desk in corner and a sewing machine atop. Mr.Yu had his thinned stark gaze on a Checkered fabric as he ran the pin of the kit through, the tip of his tongue poked through the corner as his sewed the hem. He then looked to side at Eva with a blank look, to which Eva- who sat next to him in an office chair raise to it full height, which cause their shoulder to even out raise her thumb in what I believe was agreement? Appreciation?

"And that girl, is how it's done" they then fist bumped. While Eva giggled cracking through her pretended character. He managed to smile, lowkey. Then he saw me. His face hardened in an accustomed fashion. Was he regretting letting me in?

If he did, I wasn't offended. At all. Yes, I am kidding.

Hate to admit- would mourn if given a chance at how clueless I was to why his judgement had begun to matter me. It should be this way. Giving up on those delicate habits was a choice of mine. It can't be this easy for me to break through it- for sake of God it had been two years of practice.

Shackled by my thoughts I hadn't uttered a word since he saw me- so when he asked me how the night was, I stared at him, through my hair.

"Like every other night"

It happens, when you are blaming a person for your struggles when none of his elements are involved in it. I had to let this go- as soon as I could.

"You're up early, even though you had quite the rough last night" the audacity to smirk came with an skillfully aligned innuendo. What does he do in his free time to be so cocky? Watch Netflix? I doubt a fairly successful man like him has much time on his hands to award himself with series and snacks.

"What are you both doing?" gathering my hair in a messy bun I got closer to get a look, But got caught at realizing how good Mr. Yu looked in a simple black shirt and jeans. Emitting a not so formal aura but an boy next door vibe. "And it's surprising that you know how to work with that"