The Crime Scene

I hurried into the house, that was a reported crime. I was walking besides Hannibal and we were both rushing to the bedroom, where the body is. As I was walking to the bedroom, I heard something faint in the background, making me stop in my tracks. Hannibal noticed me stop and opened his mouth to say something but I shushed him. Me and Hannibal both listened out but I was only listening to the sounds of the floor boards creak and the clicks of cameras. However, I heard the noise again. I began to follow it, hearing Hannibal behind me and it lead me to a closed door.
"Grace, We should get Jack first" Hannibal recommended to me, grabbing my arm. I shook my head and clung my hand around the door knob.
"Go get him if you want, but let's check that we're not wasting his time" I replied to Hannibal, in a confident tone. It seemed he agreed with me since he didn't go get Jack and let go of my arm. So, I opened up the door slowly and I was surprised to see a nursery. I slowly walked in and viewed around the room. It had yellow walls, toys all neatly packed away and some accessories in the room to give it a happier atmosphere. I heard a faint whimper and I turned around to see Hannibal holding a toddler. The toddler looked to be around three and looked like Arthur at his age. The toddler wore a yellow onesie with monkeys over it. I slowly walked over to Hannibal, staring at the child in his hands. Meanwhile, the toddler was looking up at Hannibal, looking him up and down.
"How come nobody found this baby?" I asked Hannibal, a little annoyed. Hannibal glanced at me then back out the door before answering.
"Maybe he didn't cry" he suggested to me.
"Hannibal! Grace!" We both heard from the other room.
"Uh, I can take him" I quickly said to Hannibal before he left the room.
"That would be nice" he smiled to me. I nervously chuckled and Hannibal delicately put the toddler in my hands. Once the toddler was securely in my hands, I stared down at his face. He looked just like Arthur at his age.
"Hi" I whispered to the toddler. The toddler giggled a little, and it was a contagious giggle, making me smirk. I walked out the room and I glanced over at the crime scene, in the bedroom. I made sure the toddler didn't see their single father dead, putting my hand behind his head and holding him close to my chest. Will had his eyes closed - in his own world - while Jack circled the body and Hannibal was staring down at the body, with his head tilt.
"I'll be outside" I hollered to them all. Jack and Hannibal turned their heads to me and Jack's eyes widened once he saw the baby in my hands.
"Alright" Hannibal nodded his head to me, so I turned around and went outside.

I sat in a police car, with the door opened so I could rest my feet out the car. The toddler - I temporarily named Arthur - was on my lap as I played with him. I talked to him in my baby voice and tickled his stomach.
"Whos a handsome little boy?" I asked him, as I tickled him. He was crying of laughter, making me giggle. Arthur yawned so I picked him up and rested his head on my shoulder, patting his back.
"It's okay, it's okay" I murmured to baby Arthur. I noticed Will walking my direction, with his hands in his pockets. He smiled at me and leaned on the car, staring down at me.
"It seems you're in the wrong profession" Will joked to me. I laughed at Will and then I noticed Hannibal heading to my direction too.
"Uh, Will. Does Hannibal... give you a weird feeling?" I murmured to him. Will slightly looked down at me with confusion written all over his face.
"You too?" He gasped to me. 
"You're a natural" Hannibal smirked to me, making me also smile. He had some warmth attached to him, as well as worry and threat.
"I've had some experience, doctor" I responded to him, in a confident tone. Hannibal glanced me up and down then noticed an officer hurrying towards us.
"Ma'am, we've contacted the child's grandparents. Thank you for looking after it" the officer held his arms out to me and I slightly tightened my grip around Arthur, then I noticed Hannibal's smile fade a little.
"Cant I just hold onto Ar- I mean, the baby until they come up.. please?" I begged the office, in a desperate tone. The officer sighed and put his hands on his hips, staring down at me - I knew he wanted to say no.
"Grace, come on" Hannibal whispered to me, leaning down to take Arthur off me.
"Please, just a little longer" I pleaded to Hannibal. Yet he still took him out of my hands and gave him to the officer. I watched the officer leave with Arthur and I felt cold again, broken. I got out the car and brushed off myself.
"It was for the best" Hannibal put his hand on my shoulder but I pushed his hand away.
"I don't need your pity. I thought we went through this at your office" I snarled to him. Hannibal just stared at me dead in the eyes and didn't let his voice shiver.
"You named the baby. You got attached" Hannibal reminded me.
"He shouldn't just be called a toddler, he's human" I whispered to him.
"Who's Arthur?" He asked me. My whole body went stiff, my blood stream ran cold. I haven't heard anybody say his name in a long time, I only heard myself say it.