Martin

I checked the time on my phone to see it was 5, and I was still in my sweatpants and shirt. I don't plan on going anyway, I'd rather die than have a meal with that bitch. I got off my couch and strolled over to my kitchen and I sighed, remembering that Hannibal and I burned my map. The only thing we didn't burn, is my pocket knife. I smirked, hearing my phone go off in the living room and I just knew it would be Hannibal, questioning if I had set off. I know it'll sound rude to not arrive but, I really cannot stand that woman. She's only alive because the FBI know I despise Alana, and Will has already pointed fingers at me. It would only make a suspect.
I went upstairs and hurried to my bathroom to run myself a warm bath.

——— the fields ———

16 years of age, and I was sat on top of my first kill, with the help of Martin. The middle aged man underneath me spat out his own blood and some hit my face, making me gasp. I closed my eyes to avoid getting blood in my eyes and I felt my hands slightly shake but I felt someone's rough hands hold my hands together.
"Shhh, it's alright" Marin whispered in my ear. My heavy breathing calmed down and I squinted open my eyes to see him knelt down beside me. The man underneath me was slowly dying.
"We talked about this, didn't we?" Martin asked me calmly. I hesitantly nodded my head, looking down at my victim, who's name I didn't even know. Martin guided my hand - that held a blade in it - and pressed it against my victims throat.
"A mercy kill, just what your father told you" Martin assured me. In a swift motion, I slit the mans neck open even more and blood sprayed all over Martin and I. I rolled off my victim and gipped a lot.
"Oh my gah-" I eventually threw up and Martin quickly wrapped his arms around me.
"It's over, now" he promised me. I felt safe with Martin, he saved me after all. The foster families kept giving me up, so I went house to house all the time and I was getting sick of it. So I ran away. It lead me to Martin and he protected me, I told him everything about my family once I was ready and he wanted to help me, help me hunt.
"Oh god..." I whimpered.
"Shhh" Martin whispered to me, stroking my hair as he cradled me.

——— the forest ———

Hours later, the sun was beginning to set and it was golden hour. Martin was inside his cabin - that was in the middle of the woods - cooking us a meal while I was outside, practising my aiming. I pulled back the string on my bow, I steadied my breathing and I closed one eye. I focused on the painted tree then I let go of the string. The arrow flew and hit right into a bulls eye, adding onto my seventh streak.
"Yes!" I quietly celebrated and I jogged over to the tree then pulled out the arrow from the tree. I put the arrow back into my quiver - that was on my back - and I jogged back inside the cabin. I swung open the door to see Martin adding something into the sauce pan. He had a very small cabin, and it could only fit one bed in the entire cabin, so he slept on the couch every night for me to be warm and comfortable at night, that is how much he cared for me. The fireplace that was on my right, lit up a lot of the cabin with the shades of red and orange.
"Another bullseye" I said to Martin, while I hung up my bow and quiver beside the door. I heard Martin chuckle as he cut up some herbs we both collected together today.
"Why doesn't that surprise me?" Responded Martin. I giggled then went to stand beside him, to view what he was cooking. Martin had rolled up his sleeves while he cut up the herbs to smaller pieces and had his blonde hair fall in front of his face, almost covering his Emerald green eye and the vicious scars he has on his face he got from a bear attack he had years before him and I met. The scar blinded him in one eye, making his eye change into a grey colour. The scar reached to the top of his eyebrow then all the way down to his chin, scratching up almost the entire side of the right side of his face. His scar never scared me, it made me fascinated. He made me love my scar on my eyebrow, even with its back story.
"When are we going back into town?" I asked him. There was a long moment of silence before he answered.
"Soon. I gotta talk to Javier about something actually" Marin exclaimed to me as he dropped the herbs into the sauce pan.
"What things?" I questioned. Martin had many 'friends' he used for business. I was never sure what Martin did as a career, but I knew it was all dirty work.
"It doesn't matter, darling" Martin smiled to me. I nodded my head slowly and viewed what he was cooking.
"Soup?" I asked him.
"Yeah, I uh... wasn't sure what else to cook for you" Martin said with embarrassment. I smiled at Martin.
"I like soup" I promised him.