The Mystery

I tucked up my knees close to my chest as I sat in the bath tub, washing myself off after today's events. I kept thinking about what Kolnas said to me. Henry could still be alive, at the Lars estate. But that ground holds too many memories it hurts. I also kept thinking about Hannibal. I built many walls around myself and Hannibal's starting to climb over them. Trust is a difficult thing for me to do, but it's like he's teaching me how to trust. He's helped me understand what I want in people, and what I don't. I'm getting attached, and I don't want that - I don't need that. They all disappoint me one day, no need for me to stay around to see that happen. I got out the tub and wrapped a towel around myself.

I walked into my bedroom to see Hannibal and Oscar laid down on my bed. They both seemed to be asleep, with Hannibal's hand on Oscar's stomach to keep him secure in place. I crept over to my dresser and pulled out panties and an oversized shirt to sleep in. I quickly put them on then I crept into bed with the two of them, Oscar in the centre of us. I stared at Hannibal for a few moments, to see how easy he could sleep - which I wish I could do. Oscar suddenly started to whimper so I quickly removed Hannibal's hand from Oscar and picked him up, putting his head on my shoulder and patting his back. Oscar kept whimpering and I was worried that he would suddenly burst into tears. I left my bedroom and I went into the kitchen to get his dummy.

Oscar fell asleep again as he gently sucked on his dummy, with a few dry tears on him. I carefully put him back into his crib and I went back into my bedroom. Hannibal still seemed to be asleep so I got back into bed with him and stared up at my ceiling. He suddenly wrapped his hand around my stomach and pulled me closer to him. I looked over at him and he wasn't even asleep. I lightly chuckled and he smirked at me, squinting open his eyes. I rolled over onto my side, then Hannibal and I just stared at each other.
"Are you still thinking about Henry?" He asked me, very quietly. I sighed and hesitantly nodded my head. He also slightly sighed, his breath imprinting onto my face.
"I don't even know if he was lying..." I whispered to Hannibal. He adjusted some hair strands in front of my face and pulled me in for a cuddle. I rolled onto my other side and he held me close to him.
"Try get some sleep, then think about this in the morning" Hannibal whispered in my ear. I hesitantly closed my eyes and even though I was in the arms of a serial killer, I felt safe.

——— the Lars estate ———

I clung onto the horse while my mother held onto the leash.
"You're not going to fall, because you're in these" Mother fiddled with the stirrups and patted my thigh, assuring me.
"You've got this!" Shouted father. I looked over to see father holding Arthur and Henry was leaning on the fence, watching with a smile on his face.
"Okay... okay" I whispered to myself, taking in deep breaths. Mother hurried up her pace a little and my horse went a little faster. I leaned forward and lifted myself up a little, to be a little more steady.
"That's it, Grace" praised mother, making me smile.

After an hour of a bit of horse riding, I took off my helmet and ran over to father, Arthur and Henry. Arthur hurried out fathers hands and he climbed through the fence to hug me. We both laughed as we hugged each other and then we let each other go.
"That was awesome" gasped Arthur, making my smile grow even more.
"Eh, it was alright" teased Henry. I smirked and I climbed through the fence.
"Your mother used to be going on her horse everyday" father told me. I raised my two eyebrows and my mouth dropped.
"Everyday?" I whispered to father, shocked since I barely saw her horse ride.
"Every-day" he responded.

——— Grace's home ———

I squinted open my eyes and stretched out to realise Hannibal wasn't in bed. He must've fled to the FBI or gone back home in case Jack got onto his back, it didn't entirely bother me. I slumped out of bed and I walked over to the bathroom.