Dinner Party

The next day, I was at Hannibal's for the dinner he invited me to. I adjusted my top as I looked at myself in the mirror, wondering if I was dressing okay. I saw Hannibal slowly approach behind me - through the mirror - in a suit, holding something in his hands. I turned around to see what he was holding and he revealed a small necklace to me.
"This has been locked away for far too long, will you do the honours?" He asked me. I smirked and slanted my head at him, making him smile at me. It was a beautiful necklace and I did need to add some accessories onto myself.

"Alright" I said to him, gracefully

"Alright" I said to him, gracefully. He seemed a little happy once I said that, when his smile grew and he sorted out his posture. I turned around and felt him collect my hair to put over my shoulder. I held my hair for him as he hung his arms over my shoulders to put the necklace on me.
"Who else is attending tonight?" I asked him.
"Just Will. No Jack. I am aware that you two haven't spoke after the incident" Hannibal responded to me. It was true to be honest, I avoided Jack ever since he said he 'needed' Oscar. Hannibal finished putting the necklace on for me, I noticed that when he put his hands on my arms to guide me to the mirror. He stood behind me as I looked at myself in the mirror again, playing with the necklace a little.
"It's pretty" I smiled. He smirked and rested his head beside mine. He smelt of a strong, alluring aftershave that I was quite a fan of.
"It was for your birthday, but I couldn't resist" he admitted to me. I laughed a little and that made him smile even more. How sweet. He thought of my birthday, when I didn't even know his. Does he even celebrate his own birthday? I often forget about my birthday, it just hasn't been the same really. I turned my body around and put my hands around his neck, his hands on my waist.
"I don't really celebrate my birthday. I take it you don't either" I whispered to him. He slanted his head at me, like a confused puppy, but I know he isn't confused. My shoulders slumped a little, making him get the message.
"I do not. I still make the effort for my friends, however" he responded to me. I raised an eyebrow slightly, thinking about the fact that he called me his friend. The door bell went off, catching both of our attention. Hannibal let me go and hurried out the room and to the front door. I hesitantly left the room and walked down the stairs, to reveal Will. He didn't really dress up, just the ordinary buttoned up, patterned shirt, blue jeans and a blazer. Hannibal and Will were mumbling something to each other but once they heard me approaching, they stopped talking. Hannibal adjusted how he was standing while Will cleared his throat, making me raise a brow.
"You look nice" Will said to me. I smiled and shrugged my shoulders at him.
"Just some old clothes" I confessed. We all chuckled under our breaths and Hannibal lead us to the dining table.

I sipped on my red wine while the three of us were sat at the dining table, eating some fancy dish Hannibal had prepared for us.
"Still nothing from the two rippers?" Hannibal asked Will. I obviously knew the answer to that, as did Hannibal,  but I still acted interested, as I ate my delicious food. Will sighed, shaking his head and reaching his hand out for his red wine.
"They're bound to at some point. They both like the hunt" I reminded Will. Hannibal looked down at his plate as he continued to eat. He promised me he was feeding me animal meat, and it was. However, my trust still isn't the best with him still. I can't show him I'm vulnerable, I have a few times but now I must stay sharp.
"I agree. Then they will both slip, and you catch them and bring justice to their victims" Hannibal promised Will, looking up at him.
"I hope you're right, doctor" he sighed.
"As do I" Hannibal responded, after a moment of silence. The doctor glanced at me before looking back down at his meal.
"Your necklace, I thought it was for your birthday" Will pondered to me. I scoffed, smirking and I fiddled with my new necklace again.
"He got too eager to not give me it. He told you what he got me?" I asked Will. I noticed Hannibal was just drinking his wine as he looked between me and Will.
"Yeah, he did. Told me the day he got it" Will chuckled. I giggled a little and finished my wine glass.