The Body

I hid my motorbike in the bushes and I slightly winced in pain, putting my hand on my stomach where I winded myself on the desk. After my motorbike was well-hidden, I slowly walked around, viewing all the tall, ancient trees covering up the cabin in the forest. The cabin was old and the roof had collapsed into the small cabin, the wood was old and decayed, with vines growing all over it. I walked into the cabin and dust hit my face, making me sneeze a little. I smelt something rotten but I couldn't see anything rotten, so I excused it. Dortlich wasn't here, just my luck. I still looked around because the cabin was a sight. As I was walking around, I stepped onto something, making a loud crunching noise and I looked to see it was a bone. I leaned down to pick it up and it was extremely old and small - a child's bone. It made me a little sad but I don't know what's happened here, so I threw it out my hands and the cabin was very small, since the roof top had fallen down. I moved a broken table about the way and saw a skeleton under the broken roof, it startled me a little but this skeleton was also old. I got onto my knees and viewed what the skeleton had around its dusty neck, it was a tag. I pulled it off the neck, breaking the skull off the body for a better view of it. A military man, interesting. I put it in my pocket and left the cabin. I took in a breath of fresh air and a sudden flock of birds got startled by something. I quickly turned my head over to the birds and saw many of them, all flying away above me. I ran to where they were all flying away from and after a lot of jumping over revealed roots and ditches, I stopped at a camp fire. The rotting smell got worse and worse as I got closer and closer to the camp fire. I cringed at the smell, pinching my nostrils. I looked to my left and there he was, Dortlich. Tied to a tree, his cheeks carved out and eyes blood shot, with a reddened face - strangulation. Rage built up in me, someone got to him before me. I clenched my fists together and I hurried back over to the campfire to see mushrooms in all the ash, for flavour. Someone made a kebab out of Dortlich's cheeks. I hurried back over to Dortlich, ignoring the pain in my stomach, and got onto my knees. I cut off the rope from his neck and saw the purple mark on his neck. His head drooped down once the rope was cut off, so I picked his head back up and slammed it against the tree, it had been so long since I saw his miserable, old face. I wish I also could've heard his screams. I heard a slight noise in his mouth so I opened up his jaw and peered inside. Someone planted something in his mouth. I pulled it out and it was another tag. I quickly got onto my feet so I could pull the tag - I got from the cabin - out my pocket and they were the very same. Child's bone, dog tags, kebab, revenge. Mischa's bones, soldiers, cannibal, justice. Hannibal.
"Oh why do this to yourself, doctor?" I murmured to myself, stroking the dog tags with my thumb. I kicked at Dortlich's head and it moved side to side, then I hurried back to my motorbike.

——— Lars estate ———

"And breathe... focus..." Father whispered in my ear, adjusting my arms as I pulled at the string, on the bow. I took in a deep breath to steady myself, aiming for the painted tree.
"When you're ready" father whispered in my ear. I let go of the string and watched the arrow fly to the tree, nearly getting a bulls-eye. I gasped and flung my body over to face father, who was in his hunting outfit and was smiling down at me.
"Did you see that?!" I shrieked to him. He chuckled and picked me up, carrying me back inside.
"I sure did, darling. You did amazing" father promised me. I smiled and rested my head close to his neck, giving me a warm feeling and a save of safety.

"And then I went like this and the arrow flew and got near to the centre" I described to Arthur. He was sat on the floor, with his legs crossed, looking up at me, amazed with my story.
"When can I do it?" He asked me. I shrugged my shoulders and sat down in front of him.
"Ask father, I'm sure he would love to help you" I promised him. He smiled and hugged me, making me fall onto the floor. We both bursted out laughing and I wrapped my arms tighter around him, I loved him so much and I wanted to protect him from everything in the world, even when I was young myself.
"Children! Food!" Henry shouted to us. Me and Arthur got onto our feet and before I could react, Arthur grabbed my hand and ran around the mansion with me, and to the dining room.

"I'm not surprised she was so spectacular with her aim, she is a Lars" smirked Henry. I giggled as I ate my food, Swinging my feet since my feet didn't touch the floor with the large chairs in the dining room.
"What do you plan on doing tomorrow?" My mother asked my father.
"Perhaps go into the village to collect some things, maybe we could all go" father suggested to us all, as he ate his salty steak.  My mother shrugged her shoulders as she drank her water, she never drank around us - even at special events.
"Maybe. I was just wondering if we could all go down to the lake, it's meant to be clear skies" she suggested to us, with a warm smile on her face.
"I vote for that" Henry cheered. Me and Arthur raised our hands, both in agreement. My father smirked as he slowly raised his hand up and we all bursted out laughing. Our head chef, put down another dish on the table and I leaned over the table to see what it was.
"Some pasta with some home made white sauce, Mr. Lars. After all, it's the children's favourite meal"  he smiled to us. I giggled and my father patted his back.
"Thanks so much, mr. Pearson" father whispered to him.
"My pleasure, enjoy" our head chef quickly left the room and father served me and Arthur the pasta.

——— Hannibal's home ———

I opened up Hannibal's door and it was so silent, I could hear the clock tick in the room, filling up the house. I knew he was expecting me, he just didn't have know when I would arrive. I slowly crept around his rich home, expecting to find Hannibal in the kitchen. I walked in to see him cutting up meat, with his sleeves rolled up.
"Back so soon?" He asked me, but staring down at the meat he was cutting, rather than looking up at me. I scoffed and leaned on his breakfast bar, considering what to do with him.
"Oh, fuck you" I snarled to him. He glanced up at me for a moment before looking back down at the meat, angering me even more.
"What? You snuck away while I was asleep in your bed? Or did you go when I left?" I asked him, he just sighed, not looking up at me. I threw the tags beside him and I watched him look at them then back down at the meat he was cutting up.
"You made a kebab out of him, ironic" I kept a stern face as I said that but he chuckled at me a little. He still didn't look up at me so I paced around the breakfast and put my pocket knife at his neck. He slowly looked up at me and I grabbed the knife out of hands and threw it away from us. He slightly winced once he heard it smash into something, but I didn't look to see what it smashed into.
"I said don't go to them co-ordinates, he was my find" I growled to him, yet he didn't seem scared.
"It seems you were too slow" he responded to me. That boiled my blood even more so I put more pressure onto the knife, making him walk backwards and hit the wall. He slightly grunted once he hit the wall, and I leaned in close to his face and kept the knife close to his neck. He was slightly shivering in his breath but had a serious face on.
"Oh come on, doctor. You've planned this much so far, what're you gonna do next?" I whispered to him. He just sunk further into the wall, raising his head up a little but looking into my eyes, just what I wanted him to do.
"You are a woman with many surprises" he confessed. I scoffed and put more pressure onto the knife. His body stiffened a little and I felt so superior being in this position.
"I'm not like everyone else you've killed" I reminded him. He scoffed and smiled a little.
"I know that now" he responded to me. I kneed him in the stomach and he grunted in pain, leaning forward. I tried to stab him in the neck but he quickly tackled me onto the floor, he sat on top of me and restrained my wrists.
"Throw the knife" he ordered to me calmly. I just clung onto it, slightly scowling at him. He raised my wrists and hit them back onto the ground, knocking the knife out of my hands and he tossed it away from me. I gasped in pain, irritating my wounds.
"Was this your plan?" I asked him. He smirked and shook his head.
"Was this your plan?" He asked me. I shook my head and tried to wiggle out of his grasp.
"It seems we both failed today" he responded to me. I snickered under my breath and arched my back in hope to get out of his grasp but it was no use.
"If you're going to kill me, just do it" I groaned to him. He slanted his head at me as I licked some blood off my bottom lip, from when I scratched it after jumping into a glass window.
"I don't plan on killing you, it would be a horrid waste. You and I are the same, even if you hate to admit it but you know it deep down" he said to me, in a gravel-like tone.
"We're not the same" I scowled to him. He smirked and got off me. I got onto my knees and scurried to my knife. I clung onto it for dear life before putting it into my pocket, knowing it was no use in trying to kill him again. I dramatically coughed and I zipped down my leather, biking jacket so I could breathe a little better. I stayed down on the floor for a few moments and I listened in on the floor boards creak even louder as Hannibal got closer to me, and he reeked of dominance. He held his hand out to me but I got up on my own, wincing in pain. He smiled at me as I was taking in some heavy breaths, with one hand on my bruised waist.

The Chesapeake Ripper and The Baltimore RipperOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara