The Lies

Hannibal presented a dish in front of me and refilled my red wine.
"T-Bone steak, with some lemon drizzled for the flavour" Hannibal exclaimed to me. I smiled to him and picked up the fork as I stared down at the plate, it was well presented - as always.
"Thank you" I said to him.

"We could leave. Tonight" Hannibal said to me out of the blue. My head shot up at him and he was staring at me, waiting patiently for my answer.
"Grutas" I reminded him, shocked he even said that to me - again.
"He is not coming to Baltimore, you and I have felt that for a long time. We must search else where" Hannibal began to continue cutting up his food and I just drank my wine, letting out a long sigh. I have had that feeling for a long time and Hannibal is normally always right.
"Let's host a dinner party, or just a party. We can announce I'm going back to the FBI" I just replied back to him.
"And why would we do that?" Hannibal asked me, continuing eating his food.
"We would do that because I'm going to find out if Henry's Alive, where Grutas is and get the FBI off your back, using Chilton" I said to him. Hannibal looked up at me and he had a smirk growing on his face.
"And then we leave..." I added on.

——— the Lars estate ———

Arthur and I splashed in the river, while father laid out a blanket for mother and himself to sit down on to observe their children in the river. I splashed water onto Arthur and we both bursted out laughing, then started a splashing fight.

I ran to safety, out of the river and I ran to mother and father, they were both cuddling on the blanket.
"I'm f-freezing" I said to the two of them. Mother giggled as she stood up to wrap me up in a spare blanket we brought out with us in case this happened. She cozied me up and I noticed Arthur behind me, also shivering. I Decided to share the blanket with him, as I cuddled up close to him, feeling cold as his soaking wet body hit mine but I quickly warmed up because of the fluffy blanket I was supplied with.
"Thank you" Arthur muttered to me. I smiled then guided Arthur to sit down on the blanket with our parents.
"Why didn't Henry come again?" I asked mother and father.
"He is helping the construction of our storage shed, something to hang up our hunting trophies, food and more. Some distance away from home to keep the aesthetic in place" mother exclaimed to me.
"I'm excited to see it finished" Arthur giggled.
"I feel the same, son. It'll be magnificent, just you wait" father teased, jokingly wiping Arthur's nose.

——- ??? ———

"M-mummy? Mummy please... mummy?" I whispered to my mother on the floor, unconscious. she laid on her stomach and I didn't see any movement, she was still. I was startled by all the four men laughing by the fireplace, with their ragged solider suits on still and dirt all over their faces. Arthur just dug his face closer to my chest to distract himself, often clinging onto my arm sleeve.
"Mummy?" I asked again. I was quickly slapped at the back of my head, it was very painful. I quickly closed my eyes as I knew I was in trouble and I listened in on the floorboards creaking around me. Arthur's and I's breathing got more intense and I hesitantly opened my eyes to see some boots beside me on the floor.
"Look, it's mummy" a growl snickered to me. I looked up at my mother's unconscious body and saw a man knelt down beside her, holding her head up by holding her hair and displayed her beaten, once beautiful face. Blood was all over her, teeth were missing, a black, swollen left eye. A large slash on the bottom of her lip, wide apart that definitely needed stitches. All the men laughed seeing my shocked, horrified face and I felt my heart drop, my lungs stop working, my guts turn and my consciousness screaming for my mother still.

——— the dinner party ———