Oscar

——— Will's home ———

I knocked on Will's door and heard a ton of dogs go crazy behind the door, making me giggle a little. I heard some footsteps struggle to get past the dogs and Will swung open his door, with Oscar in his hands. Oscar was surprisingly asleep on Will's shoulder, with a dummy in his mouth and in a onesie.
"What happened there?" Will pointed at my cheekbone and I opened my mouth to say something but dogs ran past me at some speed, I somehow stayed on my feet.
"It's a long story, how's he been?" I asked Will. He instead just opened up the door for me and I hesitantly entered. I noticed that it seemed the dogs claimed half the house, since their beds was all on one side of the house. I also realised Will had put his bed in by the kitchen. He did clean the bed well, the products he used on it inflamed my nostrils but I could still smell the sweat. Night terrors.
"I tried to teach him some words. He just doesn't want to talk" Will sighed to me. I turned around to face him and Will was staring down at sleeping Oscar.
"He has to talk at some point, let's give it some time" I suggested to him. He hesitantly nodded his head at me and handed over me sleeping Oscar. I rested his head on my shoulder and held him close to me. I didn't realise how much I missed him until he was in my arms.
"Anything off the rippers?" I asked him. Will's eyes slightly widened, but he quickly took off his glasses to wipe his eyes. He definitely knows something, but about who?
"The Baltimore isn't up to anything at the moment but the Chesapeake ripper... also isn't actually. It's strange that he stops when the Baltimore ripper stops" Will told me. He genuinely seemed curious about the rippers.
"Well, they do have separate lives for when they murder. They could have families-" but Will quickly interrupted me.
"They're lonely. Could be why they are driven to killing" Will reminded me. I nodded my head and looked down at the floor for a few moments.
"If the two rippers cross paths, Grace" Will raised my head so he knew I was listening. He held up my chin and stared right into my eyes, and I knew he despised eye contact so this was intriguing.
"They will either be unstoppable... or kill each other, no in between" he whispered to me.
"It won't happen" I replied to him sternly. Will scoffed a little and smirk appeared on his face.
"We don't know what they're up to right now" Will reminded me. But I did. Will let go of my chin and Oscar made some faint baby noises, so I looked down to check up on him and it seemed he was just having a dream.
"I should get going. I'll see you at work" I walked over to his door and I heard him say his goodbyes behind me.

——— Grace's home ———

I checked on Oscar in his crib and he was sleeping well, he seemed to be an easy child to look after but maybe this talking thing could be a pain in the ass. Oscar stretched out a little and let out a relieved sigh. I smiled as I looked down at him, he was rather cute. I checked the time on my phone and I suppose it was time for me to sleep too. I walked to my bedroom and got right in, since I was already in my Pyjamas.

——— the morning ———

I woke up and sat up quickly, taking in some breathers. That dream was just awful, re-living the time when I found out the boy I couldn't save in hospital was announced. I depressingly got out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom. I leaned on the sink and looked at myself in the mirror. I was sweating a little and my shirt was also sweaty so I pulled it off and threw it in my laundry basket in the corner of the bathroom. I used cold water and splashed myself in the face, then wiped my face off with a towel. I remembered I had to check on Oscar so I grabbed a shirt from my dresser and walked over to his room, to see he was gone in his crib. I felt a little ill, like something bad has happened. I hurried to the stairs and searched the entire bottom floor. I got to the kitchen and saw Hannibal sat at my breakfast bar with Oscar in his hands, Hannibal was feeding him breakfast.
"Oh my god! Don't do that! I thought I lost him or something, oh god" I felt a wave of relief hit me and boulders fall off my back. Hannibal glanced up at my face, then my chest then Oscar. I realised my shirt was still in my hands and my Calvin Klein bra was on show. I grunted under my breath and put on my shirt. I walked past him to get myself a glass of water, I would've asked Hannibal if he wanted one but it seemed he served himself one.
"It is nine o'clock and you're still in sweatpants" he reminded me, still staring down at Oscar. I lightly chuckled and grabbed a mango from my fridge.
"Didn't know I needed to dress up at nine" I teased. Hannibal smiled a little and Oscar pushed away Hannibal's hand, meaning he's full. Hannibal put Oscar's food on the counter and wiped Oscar's mouth using a napkin. I cut up my mango and kept glancing up at them.
"Any plans for today?" Hannibal asked me. I simply shrugged my shoulders and sipped on the ice cold water I got for myself then continued to cut up my breakfast.
"I'm not sure. I doubt it's the FBI, Jack knows I got Oscar. I suppose just resting up here" I replied to him.
"Oh yes, your wounds. How are they?" He asked me. I shrugged my shoulders and ate a bit of mango. Hannibal put Oscar down on the floor and he quickly crawled over to the small pile of toys in the corner of the room. Hannibal strolled over to me and collected my hair to put behind my back. He put his finger under my sliced cheekbone and I just kept cutting my mango, attempting to ignore him.
"You're lucky it won't scar" Hannibal informed me. I chuckled a little and put my knife down, since I finished cutting my mango. I turned my body around to face Hannibal as I ate my mango and rested my hip on the counter.
"And how is your bruise?" The doctor also asked me. "Fine. I just can't do as many activities as I hoped I could do because of it" I answered him, truthfully.
"May I?" He held at the bottom of my shirt again and I sighed, nodding my head. He lifted my shirt up to see the bruise and he put his finger on it, yet I didn't flinch - meaning It was healing well.
"You've removed your bandages, why?" He dropped my shirt so he could see me better. I grabbed a piece of mango and bit into it as I stared at him.
"And why do you care so much?" I questioned him. He slightly smirked at me and I smiled back at him.
"Mango?" I offered to him. He took a piece and Oscar caught my attention by making another noise. Oscar was simply just having the time of his life, from the seems of it.
"He's just like us" I murmured to him.
"His mother is still alive, however" He reminded me. I turned around to face Hannibal and he had his head slanted, as he stared at me.
"She was locked away from his life because I bet she wouldn't even remember that she killed her husband" I sighed. I looked down at the floor, upset that Oscars had his life taken away from him. I felt Hannibal put his hand on my shoulder and I rested my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around him. He held me close to him and put his hand behind my head.