0.1

Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones and I will try to fix you                                                  - song for this book: Fix You - Coldplay

Chapter 1: Your heart, my home.

Beat beat beat

Louis' head lays on his chest, listening intently to the sound of his boyfriend's heartbeat. "Are you awake?" He whispers and reluctantly lifts his head away from the man's broad chest. He isn't. He places his hands on Austin's freckled cheeks, thumbing at the soft skin beneath them. "Babe," he presses his lips to the man's own. "Wake up, love."

Austin grunts and squirms a little and once he has awoken, a smile plays on his lips as he reaches up to push his hands through his dark, ginger hair. "Good morning, Lou." The time flicks to ten past eight and Louis pouts, knowing Austin would have to leave soon for work, he climbs off of him and rolls to the other side, where Austin turns to cuddle him. "Do you want me to call in sick?"

Louis turns to him and looks over the man's face, his eyes look deeply into Austin's hazels and he shakes his head and twists back to him, burying his face against his chest. "No, love. Go to work, I will be okay." Louis smiles softly and kisses him again and again. "I miss you already, though."

"I'll be home before you know it... How about I take you for dinner tonight? We haven't had a date in a while." Louis brightens at the idea and nods quickly, pulling Austin on top of him in a hug.

"I'd love that."

A/N: Welcome to Heart of Gold!
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I had this idea yesterday and have been writing up some chapters for it. Make sure to leave me some comments on your thoughts! <3

- Thoughts on Austin?

- Any clue what you think this story may be about? (The title is a clue...)

- Where are you from?