1.0

Chapter 10: Permanent frown

After the incident, Jeremy had rescheduled their plans on getting Louis to go outside until the next week. When he arrived, Louis was sitting on the couch, fully dressed. He had shaved his stubble and by the look of his wet hair, had showered as well.

"How are you today?" Jeremy asks. Louis looks up at him, seeming his entrance had gone unnoticed to the boy. He was a mess and Jeremy knew that, which is why he had been trying so hard to be strong for Louis. He wouldn't allow himself to cry in front of the boy, either.

"I'm fine," Louis mumbles and stands up. He is lying and Jeremy knows that. Louis goes to grab his wallet.

"I'm paying." Jeremy glances down at Louis' hand and gulps when seeing the ring. Austin had planned to ask a month after the date he died. He had came to Jeremy's house in a panic, not knowing what ring Louis would like, and worried he wouldn't have enough money to buy the perfect one. But, they found it together, Austin even crying when he looked at it for the first time when they left the shop. "I'm going to marry him, Jez," he had told Jeremy through tears.

"Are we going?" Jeremy snaps out of it and looks at Louis, who seems to have a permanent frown lately.

"Yeah, Lou. Let's go."

A/N: So today I lost everything on my phone, including the plans for all of my books. So I will need to re-plan the upcoming chapters. :( Luckily, though, I transferred the ones already written up to Wattpad before this happened. Please leave some comments!

Thoughts on this chapter? On this book? xo