1.4

Chapter 14: Harry

Louis walks into the cafe and glances around, trying to catch sight of Harry. He doesn't know what he looks like, but it's clear that no one is even here, so, Louis just sighs and walks to the counter.

"Hi," the same boy as last time smiles at him. "What can I get for you today?" Louis gives him a small smile back, well tries to anyway.

"Uh—" Louis looks at the menu written in neat handwriting on the board above the worker. "Just a white tea please." Louis drops his eyes to the guy's chest as he fishes for his wallet and his eyes widen a bit when seeing the name tag. "Harry?"

Harry raises his eyebrows, his bright, green eyes awaiting Louis' next words. Louis gulps audibly and bites at his lip.

"You wouldn't happen to be... My name is Louis—"

"Louis?" Harry blurts. "Oh! I'm so sorry. I had no clue." He blushes, Louis smiles. "I should have mentioned I work here as well."

Louis stands awkwardly as Harry puts his finger up at him, telling him to give him a second before walking out the back, taking his apron off as he does so. Louis watches him wince in pain when he moves a certain way.

A girl comes out with Harry and gives Louis a smile, beginning to make the two boy drinks as Harry leads Louis to a table.

"I didn't pay."

"It's on me." Louis looks over his face for a moment before mumbling a thank you and sitting down stiffly. "So..." Harry clears his throat awkwardly.

"It's nice to meet you," Louis squeaks nervously, tapping his foot against the ground. What was he supposed to say? Harry seems nice enough, but Louis feels ridiculous.

"You too, Louis." Harry pushes a curl from his face and blinks a few times at Louis, gnawing on his lip. "I just wanted to say thank you." The blonde girl walks over, smiles at the two and places the drinks in front of them. They both thank her before turning their attention back to each other. "I know it's probably not great for you that I am sitting here..."

"I'm glad you are," Louis blurts. "He would have wanted that." Harry nods slowly and takes a sip of his tea, glancing out the window as he does so. Louis just stares at his chest. The shirt dips a little, showing off the nasty cut and stitches on Harry's chest and Louis frowns.

"You can—uh... You can feel my—his heart if you want to?" Harry gulps nervously when noticing Louis' stare.

"Won't it hurt?" The boy asks cautiously, motioning to Harry's inflamed looking chest. Harry looks down as well and squirms uncomfortably.

"I don't mind," he whispers.

Louis shakily moves from his seat, almost stumbling over with nerves, but Harry grabs his arm and gives him a comforting smile. He guides Louis' hand to his chest and pushes Louis' hand down a little, to which he winces in pain at. Louis tries to flinch away but Harry stops him.

"It's okay," the green-eyed boy mumbles.

Louis closes his eyes and begins crying softly when he feels it.

Beat beat beat.

"I have to—" he yanks his hand away. "I've got to go, I am sorry. We can meet again sometime."

Louis rushes out quickly, missing Harry's worried eyes watching him. He sobs loudly as soon as he leaves and jobs down the pathway, wanting to get home as soon as possible.

A/N: Hiya!

- Did you enjoy this chapter?

- Thoughts on Austin being Harry's donor?

- How do you think Louis is going to handle this?

- Ideas on Harry's backstory?

- What do you think will happen next?

Have a great day/night! <3