1.2

Chapter 12: Heart

It is a month later when Louis had got the text. He is in the middle watching how I met your mother, Austin's favourite show, while stuffing his face with junk food he ordered in, being too exhausted to make anything. Austin was always the cook anyway.

The last month had been the same, crying and sleeping, wishing he had been killed instead. Wishing he knew who hit Austin. Wishing he had asked him to stay home instead, like he was going to. Although there had been no more attempts to actually leave the house, Jeremy and him spent a lot of time together. He would come over to check on Louis, making sure he showered and had eaten. And Louis knows he is in pain too, and he wishes he could find the will to drive over there and help Jeremy, but he knows getting behind the wheel would only lead to a disaster.

His phone dings and Louis lazily grabs it and reads the unknown number with a frown.

'Hi—is this Louis Tomlinson?'

He taps his fingers against his thigh, biting his lip harshly.

'Yes... Who is this?'

'My name is Harry... I have just gotten a transplant recently and I believe it was from your partner, Austin. I got your number from the form and seen you gave permission for me to reach out. I didn't know if I should message or not. I just wanted to let you know that he saved my life and I'll be forever grateful. I'm so sorry for your loss.'

Louis' mouth goes dry and his breathing picks up pace. He reaches to his cheek and feels tears, unknowingly having started crying. He didn't know what to say.

'If you don't mind me asking, what organ did you get?'

'His heart.'

A/N: Harry has finally made an appearance (well, he did in the last chapter, but I left that open to interpretation) 

- What do you think about Harry getting Austin's heart?

- How do you think Louis will react to this?

- What do you think will happen next?