0.6

Chapter 6: Unsuccessful

Tubes. That is the first thing that comes to Louis' mind when he walks in. Jeremy had told him to go in alone because he couldn't face it. But Louis couldn't not face it. This was his last ever goodbye to the man he loved more than anything.

His firey red hair pokes out from bandages and Louis chuckles fondly between tears. "Hi, baby," he whispers and slowly steps towards Austin. His chest rises and falls from the ventilator and Louis places his hand on it, feeling his strong heartbeat against it. Just like it was this morning, only now, it was a machine doing it.

"It was always my favourite sound," Louis whispers over the beeps around him. "That and your voice." The small boy gently takes Austin's hands in his own. He presses the hand to his mouth and kisses it, holding it there as he cries. "I was supposed to go first," he sobs. "You were the strong one. I can't do any of this without you."

Louis stands and carefully brushes his lips against Austin's forehead as he combs his hand gently through his soft, orange hair. "I love you so much," Louis cries and tries his best to hug him, head rested on his chest. Beat beat beat.

He stayed there until he was told it was time to say his final goodbyes and even then, Jeremy had to drag him out of the hospital as he kicked and screamed for Austin.

A/N: Thoughts?

Please leave some comments! <3