0.7

Chapter 7: Funeral 

Louis stands in front of the crowd of people, some weeping into tissues while others stare ahead blankly. The shaking man clears his throat and tries to talk but his mouth feels dry. What was he supposed to say? How does he sum up the amount of love he had for Austin in such a short time. There was not a word that exists that could describe the heartbreak he feels.

He tries once again, but he can't speak. He sobs instead, covering his hands over his face and if Jeremy didn't run up to hold him, he would have collapsed. "I can't do it."

Jeremy just throws everyone an apologetic smile and helps Louis down the few stairs that connect to the stage. Another friend, who wasn't as close to them, gets up and reads Louis' speech, after asking permission.

Louis doesn't listen, everything just sounds like echoes, barely noticeable. He feels sick and lost and scared. He doesn't know how to live without Austin.

The ceremony comes to an end and Jeremy helps him into the car and drives him to where Austin would be getting buried. Louis locks the door when Jeremy walks around to get him out. "Louis, come on. You'll regret not saying goodbye." Louis thinks for a moment before realising he is right.

They walk slowly to where Austin's coffin is hovering over a hole in the ground, with only straps to stop his fall. His coffin is flooded with flowers and a few teddy bears from a friend's kid, who would call Austin uncle apple, whereas Louis was uncle lollipop.

The picture from the top of the coffin is handed to Louis. He presses his fingers to the glass, reluctantly tracing over the boy's freckled face. Tear drops fall onto the picture, and it slips from Louis' hands, dropping to the ground and smashing. "No, no," Louis whimpers and falls to his knees on the wet grass, hastily trying to pick up the glass, stabbing himself as he does so.

Jeremy grabs onto his blood covered hands and whispers. "Let me take you home."

A/N: Hi! I hope you enjoyed. 

- What do you think will happen next?

- How do you think Harry will come into the picture?