1.6

Chapter 16: Avocados

Louis knocks on the flat door nervously. It was quite a nice building, modern colours with old architecture. The drive wasn't too far from Louis' own, even closer to the cafe that Harry works at.

The door swings open, and behind it stands a smiling Harry. "Hi, Louis." Louis takes note of Harry's outfit that consists of a black button-up and black jeans, and suddenly Louis feels very underdressed in his black tee-shirt and grey sweat pants. "Come on in."

Louis walks in slowly, taking in the look of Harry's apartment. It is neat and clean, the contrast of Louis' right now. He finds himself unable to get out of bed to even brush his hair, let alone do house. The smaller takes his shoes off at the door and hastily follows Harry into the kitchen. "I was going to bring something—" He sits at the kitchen bench, watching Harry cook. Like he used to with Austin.

"I told you to only bring yourself," Harry laughs from where he stirs the pasta he had cooked. "Don't stress," he turns to throw a friendly wink Louis' way, the playfulness calming Louis' nerves a bit. "I hope you are hungry... I kind of went all out. I didn't know what you like."

"I haven't eaten all day," Louis admits. "I eat pretty much anything though, as long as it doesn't start with 'avo' and ends with 'cado', because ew."

"I eat avocados all of the time," Harry whines. "How can you not like them—you know what? It doesn't matter, they aren't on the menu tonight, so we have no worries." Louis giggles for a moment before silences falls over them.

"I'm sorry for walking out the other day. I know I have apologised over text... But I just—I am having a hard time processing all of this. The fact he is gone." By now, Harry has turned to Louis. He watches as tears begins to well up in Louis' eyes. The taller slowly walks over to him, lip pulled between his teeth.

"Do you want a hug, Lou?" Louis nods and Harry quickly holds him tightly, ignoring the pain in his chest when Louis crashes his head against it. Harry glances down at him, noticing the way Louis has calmed just from hearing his heartbeat. "You're so strong. I don't know really know anything about Austin, but I know he would be so proud of how you are handling everything."

A/N: Hi all! (: How are you? The next chapter will continue off of this one...

- Did you enjoy this chapter?

- What do you think will happen next/what would you like to happen next?

- What is your favourite and least favourite food?

Have a great day/night and please remember to leave some comments! More comments = quicker update! <3