0.9

Chapter 9: Showers and sadness

"Come on, Lou," Jeremy whispers, kneeling next to the bed where Louis lays, eyes staring ahead emotionlessly. "Some fresh air would do you some good. You've been trapped in this room for ages now. I'm worried."

"I can't," Louis croaks. He flutters his eyes shut and his bottom lip begins to tremble.

"Let me help you, okay?" Jeremy says softly and takes Louis' arm, and when receiving a nod from the boy, he pulls him up. The man hugs Louis tightly, allowing the boy to let out his cries on his shoulder. "Let me go run you a shower, or do you want a bath? I'm sure that'll help you feel a little better."

"Shower," Louis whimpers and pulls away from Jeremy's embrace. He wipes at his eyes and sniffles as he watches Jeremy go to his and Austin's ensuite. While he is in there, Louis shakily stands and goes over to his wardrobe, tugging out a pair of jeans, boxers and a shirt. He throws them on his bed carelessly and slowly walks over to the ensuite, where Jeremy is currently checking the temperature.

He hears Louis walk in and turns with a smile. "It's ready when you are, Lou."

Louis smiles at him and mumbles a thank you. Jeremy leaves and sits on the bed, tapping his finger nails against his thigh.

After thirty minutes of Louis being in the shower, he begins to worry. He knocks on the door, but doesn't receive a reply. He pushes open the door after a warning and immediately catches sight of Louis on the shower floor, skin red, shower steaming and his little body wracking with sobs. "Oh no, Lou," Jeremy breathes out and ducks under the now burning hot shower, pulling Louis from it. "It's okay, it's okay," he hugs him tightly. "You're okay, Lou."

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter! Last night I was writing up chapters for this book and Harry is going to be making an appearance very soon!

- How do you think Louis is handling the loss?

- What do you think will happen next?