3.6

ONE YEAR LATER.
EPILOGUE.

Harry walks up to the grave, flowers in hand. He inhales a sharp breath as he walks to his boyfriend's... boyfriend's grave. "Hi, Austin... '' Harry mumbles and sits down in front of the stone. He places the bright and colourful array of flowers onto the grass and sighs softly. "So... Louis and I have been together for a year now."

Harry looks around to make sure nobody is listening and he clears his throat. "I know it is probably strange that I am here... Without Louis, I mean. I just wanted to run something by you."

Harry wraps himself up in his cardigan more, hugging himself. "I am going to ask Louis to marry me. And Jeremy has told me how big of a deal you proposing was to you, so I just wanted to tell you... And to let you know he wears your ring all of the time, he took it off at the start of our relationship, but I couldn't let him do that...'' Harry chuckles, eyes tearing up. "It is a very nice ring, by the way. I bet you were saving for ages."

It begins to spit rain and Harry takes a deep breath. "I promise I will look after him for as long as I live, I will love him with our heart forever. You don't have to worry about him not being loved, because I love him more than anything. He is truly the one person I would do anything for. So, thank you, Austin. Thank you for your heart and thank you for our boy. You don't know how much he means to me."

-*-

Harry presses a kiss to a giggling Louis' cheek as they stroll along the path. "You look so pretty today." He eyes the boy as the sun sets around them.

"Shut up." Louis flushes red, and does as best he can do to press his face against Harry's chest as they walk to the cafe. "So is there any special reason why we are going to our cafe? Or are you just hungry, as usual?"

"Hey! You always eat my food anyway, so why would I take you with me to eat?" Louis huffs and mumbles 'lies'. "Has anyone told you how pretty you look today?" Harry grins and nudges him.

"Yes, you did. Are you sure you haven't hit your head? You could not remember where you went this morning." Louis turns his head to narrow his eyes at Harry. "Are you cheating on me?" he jokes.

"Shit, you caught me... This is the real reason I am bringing you to the cafe today. You are going to meet my lover Bernard and see if you are willing to become a throuple."

"I hate you."

"You love me."

-*-

"Wow, you really went all out for Bernard," Louis breathes out in awe as he walks into the cafe. All tables and chairs have been cleared out, besides from one set for two. The table has roses and chilling champagne in the middle of it, and fairy lights hang from the ceiling, glimmering up the room, alongside the candles.

"I actually just messaged Bernard, told him not to come. This dinner is only set for two." Louis turns around and wraps his arms around Harry's neck. He leans forward slowly, eyes fluttering shut as his lips meet Harry's.

"I love you."

"I love you more," Harry whispers back and trails his knuckles over Louis' soft, rosy cheeks. "More than anything."

"More than anything," Louis replies with a nod before he is kissing Harry again.

-*-

After dinner and dessert, Harry falls quiet, butterflies flying around in his stomach as his heart beats erratically. "Lou..."

"Yes, Haz?"

"I was standing there when I first laid eyes on you," Harry points to the exact place. "And every day since, I have grown to love you more than I ever thought was humanly possible." Louis looks down, blushing. "I am so in love with you, Louis. I love you with my whole heart..."

Harry lets out a shaky breath as he digs into his pocket and makes a stand. Louis' eyes widen, and he bites his lip, holding back a smile.

Harry kneels on one knee in front of him, a small black box in hand.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you... So if you have room for this ring to go next to your other engagement ring," Louis giggles, eyes wet and head already nodding. "Will you marry me?" He opens the box to reveal a shiny, diamond ring.

"Yes!" Louis sobs and jumps into Harry's arms, almost knocking the boy, holding the box, over. "You don't know how long I have waited to hear that..."

"Hey! That is my line."

"I don't care," Louis chuckles and pulls back to grab Harry's face, kissing him desperately. "Just marry me already, idiot."

"Listen, I don't know what gave you the impression I want to get married..." Harry smirks as Louis grumbles something under his breath. Harry hugs Louis' head against his chest in a hug. Beat beat beat. "What was that Louis?"

Louis pulls away from Harry's grip and smiles innocently. "Oh, nothing. I just said... You have a heart of gold."

Louis’ broken heart was not fixed because of a heart beat, it was fixed by finding his home.

A/N: Hi everyone! Thank you all for reading this book! I really hope you enjoyed following the lives of these characters. <3

- Did you enjoy the epilogue?

- What was your favourite part of this chapter?

- What was your favourite part of this book?

(If you enjoy my writing, you can find more of my books on: Stylinson_Larryxx, ChelseaCloudWrites & Stylinson_Smilinson)

THIS BOOK WILL HAVE A TITLE CHANGE FROM 'FLATLINE' TO 'HEART OF GOLD' SOON! AS WELL AS A COVER CHANGE. I WILL ALSO BE POSTING A TEASER/TRAILER TYPE-THING IN THE FIRST CHAPTER!