A Game of Snowball

Let's see how the annual snowball fight can go. Thinking we've never seen it before, so I give you my version.

___

"Are you sure that you are not taking this to a extrem?" Feyre asked, looking over Rhys shoulder. "It is just a friendly game?"

"No, it was a friendly game..." Rhys said "Until Az ans Cass conspired against me last year."

"They did not..." Feyre said. "I remembered that you just happen to be a target for two snowballs at the same time."

"I was targeted and I need rewenge... I haven't won for myself in years" He sketched at his plan.

"If you want my advise, focus on amonithon and not the walls. If you can outlast them with ammunition, then you might have a chance." Feyre said before leaving. Rhys stayed late into the night. Finishing his plan.

___

Az notice how his High Lord left his study late, later than usual. And with the annual snowball fight only three weeks away... He had his guesses of what Rhys had been working on... The Spymaster let him self into Rhys studie, finding the papers with the sketches... Nodding in approval.

"He is leaning form last years mistake..." Az said, now he only needed to know Cass plan, and he would be sett to choose and execute his own for the day.

___

Cass and Nesta spared together up the the House of Winds, and in the short breaks Cass talked about his plan.

"First I need to eliminate Az, one good hit to his hands to cold to make new snow balls, and then I need to focus on Rhys..."

"Any ideas?" Nesta asked.

"No not yet. Or... You are not in the mood to asked Feyre if she knows anything?" Nesta only laughed at his request.

"Do you really belive that Feyre would say anything about Rhys plas, to me?"

"Would you tell her about my plans?" Cass asked.

"Never." Nesta said back. Kissing his cheek. "Good luck!"

Cass went back to his planing, okey, he knew that Rhys whould be tierd after Sex, but... So would he be... For a moment Cass toyed with the idea of not having sex that night... But was that to much planning? He wasn't sure. And Nestas response when he aksed was simple.

"If you can resist me in my best underwear, and not want sex, then okey, do it." Cassian would not be abel to resist that. He confess to himself. No... He needed to find a plan that was better... And he still needed to get his hit on Azriel... No Cass plan was not done.

___

Az shadow whispered to him about Cassian's desperate attempts for a plan, Az saw no meaning in putting too much energy into that. Cass plan was... Lacking. The great general of the Illyrian armie. And his plan for this fight was on the level of a child. Azriel was certain that he would win this year. Again.

___

Rhys got up extra early, finding Nyx still sleeping. His wings tucked in closely, and hin thumb in his mouth. He stopped and just looked at his son, still not accepted that the small child was his. And that he had grown.

"Daddy is going to win today. Wish me luck." He whispered, stroking Nyx over his head. His son moved, but did not wake up. "

"We will be coming by later..." Feyre said behind him.

"I have not yet accepted that he will grow up." Rhys said, taking Feyres inked hand.

"It will take time, you will just need to accept it."

"I don't like it..." He said.

"Wait until the day he wants to join you on the game." Feyre added. Lifting Nyx up the child started to sob.

"Oh goods... I don't want to..." He kissed her cheek and stoke over Nyx head again. Takin the sight in of his family. "I need to go now, see you later."

"Good luck." she kissed him on the cheek. And Rhys made his way out. Meeting up with his brothers.

"One hour to prepare." Az said.

"No wings or magic." Cass added.

"May the best male win." Rhys said and they Winnowed to the cabin. And started the battle.

Rhys focused on his plan, the one he and Feyre had discussed late into the night. He made a simple design on his fort, focusing more time in making the snowballs. It was a delicate operation. To make them fast and not freeze one's hands in the process. But Rhys focused and filed his fort with them. Some he pressed harder making them more like iceballs then snowballs. He reserved them for Azriel, He didn't look up at his brothers progress. Only to regret it when Az yelled that time was up.

Cassian's fort was big, like always, Rhys needed to break it to win... But Azriel's.

"Shit..." Rhys mumbeld. The fort was small, but the pile of snowballs at its side... Rhys swallowed, he still had a chance. A small one, but it existed.

"May the best Male win!" Cassian shoted. And so the annual Snowball fight started.

Rhys remade his plan on the spot, going for Azriel's neatly prepaid snowballs. Throwing one after the other on the piles. Destroying them in the process, Azriel didn't seem to care. Which bothered Rhys. On the other side of him Cassian was doing his best, but his fort was slowly coming apart. Leaving him open for hits. His down fall every year. Not building a fort that handled the attacks. Fyers plan to build a smaller one, but secure. Leaving time for making ammunition, it was the best plan Rhys had have in years. But then... He had 50 years on fights missed.

___

Cassians plan collapsed over him, his only defense crumbled, he blamed Rhys Iceballs on that. It had become midday, and his hands was getting colder, and his own snowballs was getting worse and worse. But Cassian was not prepared to go down yet. He would fight to he had lost the fealing in his fingers. And beyond.

___

Azriel nodded, Cassians fort was going down, he was no threat anymore. Now Az turned to Rhys, taking up the big, icey snowballs he had prepared the night before, his secret to wining every year. Going up to the cabin one last time and making some snowballs to freeze before the fight. Az started to aim towards Rhys fort. Hitting the wall hard. But the fort still stood.

"That hit should have taken it down..." He mumbled and threw another one.

"HA Az! You can't get me!" Rhys screamed. And a big iceball hit Az in the chest. The first direct hit. No this game was not over.

___

Feyre held on to Nyx, and watched as the warriors still threw snowballs at each other.

"Never tell your father that he is stupied for doing this every year." She said poking Nyx on the nose.

"I tell them every year." Mor said at her side, taking over Nyx. "How is aunties best boy!"

"But you are his cousin, not his mate or son." Feyre Added before flinching as one of Azriel's snowballs hit Rhys in the chest. Cass was doing his best to keep up. But from what Feyre could tell had he lost.

"I know, I just don't care." Mor started to walk towards the cabin. "Are you coming?"

"Yea!" She did, only listening as Rhys and Az shouted insults at each other.

___

Cass gave up first. But Rhys and Azriel kept on going, Rhys was out of his premade snowballs. And Az too. And then... It was Azriel who called it, giving up. And Rhys had won. Even if his fingers where frozen to the point of him amoste not getting of his leathers before getting inside the birchin.

He had won, and he would dam make sure they all knew it. 

___

Do you have any suggestions for a short story, comment it! 

Vote, Comment, Share!

/Mymymoon