The True Mate: Part 1

This is a five-part head cannon, about Elain and her mate. This story is a little longer than the others, mostly because I needed more words to write this. 

_____

Depression

She couldn't handel it anymore. Feyre happy with Rhys and Nyx, living in her pink colored world. Always talking and smiling, painting stupied paintings of this place. Living a dream life. The life Elain wanted. To have all the money she needed, a husband that loved her, a child. Time for her gardens.

And Nesta. Nesta with her Valkyries, with her Mate, her dignity. Nesta living up in the House of Winds. She who had gained respect by leaving her magic, doing that stupied blood rite. She had real friends, real persons that cared for her. Not the shadow wraiths that just appeared from nowhere. Elian hated all of it. For it was her life they where living. She was the one that was supposed to find love and marry happy.

She had been told that for so long. Her mother had made plans for it, giving Nesta away and letting Elain marry who ever she wanted. Now she was the one tied to a Male one she hated and couldn't stand. His eyes always on her, his smile so far from jenuin it could be. It was Nestas destiny to be tied to a man she might not want. Not hers. It was Feyres destiny to be left behind, not hers.

They had said that she could reject the bond, and live on. Elain had tried, and tried. But that stupied bond was still there, just beside her heart. She dug her fingers into the dirt, making room for the flowers to grow. The Night Court was to dark, to cold for her flowers. And the short summer months was not enough for her. She needed more sun, more color. More life.

Her dreams was filed with visions. Images of death and life. She never understood them, never talked about them. Ever since the cauldron broke had them all ben out of focus. Before it had been clear, taking over her sight completely, now it was like piece of dirty glass fall before her eyes every time she had a vision. And Elain hated that too. Nesta had given her powers back, why couldn't she? Feyre was playing with Nys behind her, the boy laughter made Elain want to puke.

She never wished him dead, but that happiness... She could pretend that she was happy, keep a smile on when needed. But that boy... She could never love him, never se herself lay down her own life for him. Like all the others in this court seemed to do. Elain wrapped her hand around a rose and squizzed until her blood was running down. Her only way of getting any attention these days. She screamed out in pain, and Feyre stoped her game. Walking up to her. Nyx on her hip. The one year old just smiled a stupied smile.

"Did you hurt yourself?" Feyre asked, so caring, so dum...

"Yes... I missed the rose..." Elain said, faking a tremble in her voice "It hurts..."

"Stay still..." Feyre took her hand in hers, the healing powers from her sister started to move over her hand. "It is deep..." She said.

"Yea... it was a sharp one..." Elain lied.

"You know... the gloves that Lucien gave you..."

"Don't talk about him." Elain said, cutting her sister of. "I don't want anything from him."

"Okey... I am done." Feyre picked her son up. Leaving Elain alone.

Rage filed Elain as she walked inside. She needed to get away from here, away from everything. Visions happened in front of her eyes, blurring her vision. She kept on walking, up the stairs holding on in the railing to guide her. Vision after Vision. She reached her room, and started to scream. In anger, in rage, in fear. She never wished for this life. Never...

The two wraith sister found her in her room. Comforting her, talking so nicely to her. In the beginning it had been nice, now... It was a taunt. Did they really care or where they send here to help her on Rhys and Feyres orders?

"It is just a bad vision." One of them said. Elain had never cared to remember their names.

"Yes..." She said back, plying along. "I am fine, thank you..."

"Miss Elain, I don't think you are... Shall we send for you sisters? Or Lucien?"

"Not Lucien..." Elain groweld. "Not him..." the male she so desperately tried to reject. That still came by and visited, still tried to talk to her. He hated him to, just for existing and ruining her life.

"We understand."

"No, you don't. I don't want this! I don't want this life!" Elain screamed. Pushing them away "I don't want any visions. I don't want any of this!"

The wraiths disappeared, leaving her alone. No... Not alone. Azriel stood in her doorway. Looking at her like she was some broken girl he could fix. And he could have fixed her, if She could rejekt Lucien and he didn't choose Gwen over her.

"Great, are you gonna tell me to go to Lucien too?" She scuffed. But Azriel shock his head.

"Just tell me where you want to go. And I can take you there." He said, reaching out his hand. "I don't want you to be unhappy."

"To late for that." Elain said, but walked up to him. "Just take me somewhere with flowers that grow all year around..." She said. Taking his hand. And Azriel did. 

___ 

Vote, Comment, Share!

/Mymymoon