What If: No Red Roses Part 2

Part 2, remember to have tissues ready! 

___

Azriel knocked on his door that night, the Shadowsinger more a dark cloud then the Illyrian.

"What is happening?" He asked.

"I belive that I gave you an order." Rhys said back.

"You did, and I ignored it." Azriel said back. "Rhys, we are worried. I am worried"

"I need to be alone, and you just need to respect that." Rhys got up, and walked away from his brother.

"What happened to you Rhys?" Azriel's words opened up a wound inside him. He didn't have the strength to tell him, didn't want to open that part up.

"Not toway Az, not today." He sighed, Before Azriel could press on more, Rhys froze. Down the shallow bound he felt Feyres nightmares, and her panik. The smell of magic filed the air.

"What is it Rhys?" Azriel called as Rhys left the room to run towards hers."Stay down." Rhsy walked in, founding Feyre crawled up in a ball on her bed. And around her... "Shit..." Solid air surrounded her, and on the outside of that... Fire...

"Who "Who is that?" Azriels Siphones started to glow.

"Get out." Rhys said and moved closer. "Get out Azriel!" He roared, Azriel did as he said. Rhys walked closer to the bed, fealing her magic still moving. He started to take down Feyres magic, slowly going into her mind only to see more clearly what haunted her. He had the same nightmares, the one in the darkness, hearing her bones crack. And the laughe of the red haired female on the throne. Feyre opened her eyes, meeting his.

"She is dead?" Feyre asked. Rhys nodded.

"She is dead. You are in my estate in the Night Court." he explained.

"She is dead..." Feyre closed her eyes and started to cry in relife "She is dead..."

"Yes... Yes..." Rhys held her. "She is dead." She was shaking. And Rhys wondered if Tamlin ever held her when she woke up. If he ever comforted her when she she needed it. And more... Her powers... He had not even aksed her about that, he ha not even guessed that she had them. Did Tamlin know? She fell back to sleep and he left her alone, fighting every instinct in doing so. Azriel sat in the salong, waiting.

"Tell me who that is Brother." He demanded. "And what did I just see?" Rhys did just that, he told Az about the dreams that had followed him the last years under the mountain. About the night of fire, abut the trails. And the bargain. Leaving out what he did for Amarantha. He told Azriel about his plan and how he had told Mor earlier. When he was done Azriel just looked at him.

"She is your mate?" Azriel asked.

"Yes... But she is married to Tamlin." Az got up in response. Looking over to the room where Feyre now was sleeping.

"And she has untrained powers that from what i just saw can kill her...." Rhys nodded, it was easier to share this with his brother, to not be alone. But he had one more thing on his mind, one more statement on what is happening...

"And he is letting her wither away..." Rhys said, Feyres lifeless eyes, her sunken cheeks, pale skin, and the bones sticking out from her shoulders and back.

"I am sorry Brother." Azriel said and left Rhys alone. Rhys let himself cry, he let himself realize that his mate was in greater pain then he ever had believed was possible.

___

Feyre struggled with the words, slowly decoding them and tried to understand them. Sentence after sentence. She wasn't sure of the night had been real or if it had been a nightmare. One moment Amaranta was standing over her, braking her bones and spine. The next, Rhysand had her in his arms, telling her that is was safe. Then nothing. Just darkness and sleep. But in the morning... There had been a moment where the empty hole didn't feal as empty. Just a short second of her life where the darkness wasn't the one from the mountain. Even if it had passed, she hoped that it was not the last time it ever would happen.