The House Knows

This is a bit based on reality, when someone in life sometimes just needs a safe place when things change around them.

____

Nesta was still sore after the previous days practice and training and the nights adventures, when she woke up. Cassian was still sleeping at her side, his wings spread out over the beed. She smiled at him and snecked up, careful not to wake him up at she got dressed and left the room. The house had placed her clothes ready for the day, the practise leathers layed ready for her to put on.

The autumn air was cold and filed with mist making her shiver before she started her morning rutin. Warming up and doing her usual exercises. She often did that in the early mornings before Cass got up, just her alone in the rings. In the beginning it was to handel the nightmares that followed her from the rite, but over the years it had become her way to just clear her mind before the day and to refine her skills.

Cassian han told her to be carefull, that overtraining was just as bad as no training at all. She had just smiled and told him that she would remember that. In the morning mist she kept on training, focusing on her mobility and strength. Making the soreness go away with the moments, waking up her muscles for the day.

"What are you doing?" a boys voice said above her. Nesta smiled and looked up at her nephew. Nyx was siting on a shelf in the mountain wall his legs dangling in the free air.

"Training, what are you doing here?" Nesta asked back, she knew Nyx had started to sneck out to fly. Leaving her sister and her mate crazy with worry.

"Training." Nyx said and flew down to her.

"Dose your parents know that you are here?" Nesta smiled at him, the 6 year old looked down scrapin his foot in the ground.

"They are not awake." Nyx then said. "Will you train with me?" Nesta sighed.

"I will." she then said and started to instruct the boy in som simple easy exercises, all for the fun of it. Nyx was smiling and laughing with her. Nesta knew that the boy had been trouble lately, he had started to understand the world and with that he had started to ask questions no one could answer. She had asked him before what it was that troubled him, but never gotten an answer.

The morning sun made the mist go away, and Nesta held up an hand to tell Nyx that they needed a break, she made a scene of that she was tired and exaggerated her breathing.

"I need som water, and then you need to go back down to your parents." She walked to the water station and saw how Cassian was walking out from the house. He stoped and looked at Nyx.

"What are you doing here?" He asked and picked the boy up.

"I am training with Nesta!" Nyx said back, Nesta just smiled when she saw Cassian and Nyx together like that.

"I can see that." Cassian put him down. "Dose Feyre knows he is here." He then whispered to Nesta as he kissed her cheek.

"I don't think so..." Nesta said back. "We have done some stretching in the morning." Nyx smiled at them.

"Shall you and I do some flight training then?" Cassian asked the boy. Nyx eyes light up, and he nodded back. Almost taking of before Cassian was ready. "Wow wow take it slow..." Nesta smiled at them.

"See you later then." She said before Cassian took of with Nyx, she heard how he instructed Nyx in the air, on how to hold his body right, how to feal the wind.

Nesta walked back inside the house only to find a book laying on the table, she read the title and sighed again.

"I am not ready for that." She said to the house and the book disappeared, only to get replaced with one of her favorite books. "That is more like it." Nesta said back and moved to take the book, but the house took it back.
"Readly?" She looked up, and could almost see how the house shrugged at her. "Give me my book." The first one came back. Nesta just sighed and left it on the table, walking back at her room. The book landed on the beed. "I am still not ready, and I have no interest in children right now." She said out loud. Almost screaming at the house. The book disappeared again, and a wind moved through the room. Nesta shook her head and took a bath. Almost falling asleep in the bathtub when Cassian walked in.

"Can I join you?" He asked, Nesta only smiled and waved her hand at him.

"Did he come home safely?" She asked as he walked down in the tubb.

"He did, Rhys and Feyre had just woked up when we came down." Cassian moved closer to her, holding her in his arms. "So we came down just before total panic."

"That is good." Nesta said closing her eyes. "He knows that they don't like him flying of like that."

"I know, but he needs to get out to." Cassian sighed "We need to take more baths in the morning."

"I can only agree."

They stayed in the tub for almost an hour before getting up and ready for breakfast, Nesta was beyond hungry at that time. And once more, the book was laying on the table.

"I said that I am not ready!" She almost screamed at the house. The book didn't disappear this time.

"What is it?" Cassian asked holding her from behind.

"The house saw me smiling at you and Nyx and now this book keeps appearing around me." She got lose from his arms and picked the book up. The wonders of children the title said. "I am not ready yet, not at all. I still have things to do before that, the Valkyries, training..." She stoped and looked at Cassian.

"I know..." He said. "Why are you so mad?"

"I am not mad..." Nesta spat out and realized her lie. She put the book down and sat down at the table. "I am hungry, and mad. At the house not you, or anyone else." she added, Cass smiled and sat down too.

"If you ever feal pressured by me, tell me, for I don't want to preser you." He then said, looking closer at the book. "Are you sure that the house are telling you to have children?" He opened it and started to flip through the pages.

"Why would it otherwise throw a book about them in my face?" She said back, and started to eat.

"Because this book is about siblings..." Cass said trailing of. "That son of a bitch..."

"What?" Nesta asked.

"Nyx is going to be a big brother." Cass said and slide the book over to her. Pointing at a paragraph about how the knowledge about a coming sibling could make a child worrying and rebellious.

"Oh Nyx..." Nesta said.

"Nyx started to run away like what? Five weeks ago?" Cass said. "Rhys is going to pay for that."

"That he didn't told you?" Nesta said back.

"Yes, and that he forced his son to not tell us what is bothering him."

"That is Rhysand at his truest." Nesta said back. "Thank you." She then added, looing up at the house. "Thank you for telling us."

"The house knows things." Cass said. "Thank you." In response the house sumund a book about sleepovers. Nesta laughed.

"You know what Cass, lets asked if out nephew wants to sleep here some nights." She said and started to eat her breakfast. 

____

Just have to cast a little shade on Rhys because he likes to keep secrets, even when he shouldn't. 

And I definitely see Nesta and Cassian as Nyx's extra parents when he needs to get away for a while. Hope you liked this one! 

Vote, Comment, Share!

/Mymymoon