Modern AU: Teacher

This one is inspired by my own school experience. I have Dyslexia, and have been forced time and time again to explain to my teacher, that yes I can read, but it is not always I understand what I am reading. Yes I can wright, but I can't see spelling mistakes. (But here I am writing headcanons in english, and not my first language) that I am smart in school, but sometimes just can't wright down what I have in my head. Dyslexia affects many parts of my life in weird ways, and I want to share my experiences with others. It is not just bad spelling and hard time reading. It is so much more.

In this one Rhys is volunteering to help other students with there work, and he founds Feyre, a girl that is having a hard time formulate her thoughts to words.

____

If Rhysand could he would have moved out years ago, even during high School, he wanted to move out. But he could not take his sister with him, and to leave her with there parents was not an option. So Rhysand stayed home in order to protect her from the worst of it. She was only 8 years old, born after his parents believed that another child would solve their problems. Rhys knew how bad of an idea that was, and made sure to take care of her.

By his parents request he got into a business program at the University of Velaris, hoping that he one day would take over the family business. And while Rhys did as they hoped to keep the conflikt down. His heart had a different longing. If he had the power to decide for himself, he would be a teacher. Working to help others. And that is why he volunteered as a helping hand in the libraries on wednesdays. The only day he did not stay home and took care of his sister. He needed this, needed to make a difference in the world.

The library was his favorite place in the whole university, and he liked the groupe he worked with there. Helion was the one managing the whole Helping Hand program. And it was him that greeted him that night.

"Good to see you, we have ten that have sighed up for this session. Me and Tarquin will take care of most of them, but I think you need to work extra with one girl." He handed Rhys a paper. "She is failing almost all of her classes, the papers say that she can't read. But I don't belive that." Rhys took the paper, scanning it.

"I will talk to her, maybe she just is burned out and need to take a break." He said and looked around. "Where is she?"

"The west corner, her name is Feyre." Rhys walked over, finding her siding bend over a book, and a laptop on the desk in front of her. Her brown hair long and falling freely, but it was her arm that made Rhys look twice at her. From her wrist to her shoulder a dark pattern of roses, stars and swirls was tattooed. Dark make up surrounded her eyes, and her lips was painted in a dark color. She looked up as he came closer.

"Hi, I am Rhyand." He said and extended his hand.

"Feyre." She said back. Not taking his hand.

"So, how can I help?" He asked and took the chair to sit down opposite her.

"I don't... it is... Ahh!" She slammed her book close and shock her head. "It is better if you go to someone that accely can be helped."

"Tarquin and Helion is handling the others, you and I have two hours on interupted to work." Rhys explained, but was meet by fear in Feyres eyes.

"I... It just don't work." She then said, struggling to find her words. "I know what I need to wright down. It is just a simple explanation on the symbolic meaning skeletons in medieval plague paintings. I have the words in here." She pointed at her head with the tattoed hand. "But it is hard to get them out."

"That dose not sound simple." Rhys just said. "The symbolic meaning of skeletons in Medieval paintings?"

"Yea, It is a whole thing. Often they are portrayed as dancing, warning others that dancing leads to death, but it is more the fact that often the festivities that surrounding death in the early days of the medieval times, meant that if the dead had been killed by something like the plague or cholera or something other nasty disease, the once working with the dead, got sick too." Rhys nooded.