A Warm Welcome

Had a fun idea, and turned it to a cry party. Just a normal day in life! Nyx brings home his first Partner and Rhys have no idea how to react.

___

"I would like to introduce you to someone tomorrow night." His sons words had raised questions. Well, mostly questions about who she was. The girl Nyx was brining home, how did they met? Who where her parents? Was she his mate? Rhysand had so many questions that he needed to get the answers too.

They had talked about dating, and that had been a bit of a complicated subject. It was hard for someone of status to just date. The risk of it being a spy, or an assassin was high. Rhys himself had experience that twice before. But in the end, one thing was for certain.

"The day you feel comfortable enough in someone and trust them enough to take them here. Tell us." He had told his son years ago. And now, that day had come. Diner had been ordered, all of the family was gathered, it was just that little detail of what to wear.

His beautiful mate had gone for a more everyday look, shirt and pants. Rhys knew Mor would be in one of her dresses, he hoped she would chose one that didn't make the girl feel uncomfortable, he knew his cousin was considered one of the most beautiful female to live. (Rhys himself had Feyres name on top of that list) He knew that Azriel and Gwyn would probably come in more everyday clothes too, Same with Nesta and Cassian, if they remembered to come at all. It would not be the first dinner they missed do to... Other activities. Amren like usual. That left Rhys himself. Casual was not his look, not in front of Nyx's first girlfriend. Full out court etiere? No... Too formal... For a moment he even considered the illyrian leathers, only to laugh it of. That would make anyone uncomfortable.

"You have been standing there for almost an hour now." Feyre said behind him, placing down her book. "Just pick something and be done."

"I can't do that..." He said back with a sigh... "This is important."

"I think Nyx is more nervous about what will happen at dinner then how we look. He aksed for nothing formal." Feyre walked past him and picked out a simple set of black pants and button down shirt. "Simpel." She place the clothes in his hands.

"Dark blue is not my colour..." He said back.

"It is black... Like the rest of your closet." Feyre placed a kiss on his cheek and returned to her desk and the book.

"No, this one if dark blue." a very dark blue.

"Then pick a black one. Oh High Lord of the Night." Her amusement imposible to hide.

"Yea yea..." He changed the shirt and got dressed. "Wings or no wings?" He then asked.

"Would it matter?" Feyre asked back.

"Yes..." No

"No wings, no need to show of." she said with a laugh.

"I am not showing of."

"Sure, absolutely not, never in the history of ever have you done that." Her sarcasm was fully on show. "Just relax, you are still the High Lord, this girl will be scared half to hell just by being here. It is not like no one knows who we are. And if we all just don't make a big thing of it, everything will be fine."

"I never took anyone home to my parents..." Rhys then said. "I never dared. This is big."

"Then, just act natural, be casual, and nothing will go badly." Feyre stood behind him again. "Our son is growing up, maybe even looking to move out."

"That did not make me feel better." Rhys tried to relax when her arms wrapped around him.

"He can't live here forever, not if we want him to make his own life." She took a step back. "Do you trust Nyx to make a good decision?"