A New Life

One on Gwyn and Azriel. I am not completely sold on the two as a couple yet, but hope this will be good anyways! 

____

Azriel refused to believe it, when Gwyn had become pregnant he had needed two days to process it, asking Rhys to send him on a mission. Not telling him why, just that he needed to go away, and his brother had done just that, no questions asked. Azriel had then returned, and only felt guilt for leaving her alone. She had been crying, panicked over that he had left. Azriel didn't blame her for it, and he would never not feal guilt for leaving like that. And when he saw her when he returned, he had kneeled in front of her, and asked her forgiveness.

"I... I got scared... Scared for what this will mean for you. For me not being a good father, or husband. I got scared that my hands will destroy our child, for they are covered in over 500 years of blood. And I am sorry for leaving like that... If you ever will forgive me." His shadows had been quiet, as if they just like him, couldn't read her face or fealing..

Gwyn had left the room, leaving Azriel alone, His shadows had not followed, and just stayed with him. And azriel believed that the relationship was over, that his reaction had hurt her to much, forced her away from him. He didn't deserve her anyways. He wasn't good enough for her. Who would want a bastard like him anyways? One so broken with so much blood on his hands. But she had walked back in, asking him to follow her. His shadows had woken up, telling him that she was back, and not lost.

"I started to look for a room for the baby, will you help me decorate it?" She said, taking his hands in hers. Not caring about the scars or shadows now moving over her abdomen, all to keep them safe."You will be the best father he or she can get, just like you are the best husband in the world."

After that day he had almost refused to leave Velaris, only going when Rhys asked him to follow on a visit. Az and Gwyn had told the others a cupel of weeks later. Gwyns nymph heritage making her sent less prominent in the first weeks. Rhys had figured it out, after seeing Azriel on edge for days. He had just asked, and Az had told him. He had shared his fear and joy. And his brother had congratulated him.

"We all will be there for her, and you. And the little one."

When Gwyn had started to show a part of Azriel just wanted her to be safe in their house, not to go out alone. Preferably not at all, but he also knew what it was like to be locked up, and never wanted her to feal that. Instead he Let his shadows follow her around, and tasked young Nyx to train in spying, holding an eye on her when Az needed to go away. Gwyn knew of curse, but never asked him to stop.

Madja had confirmed wings, sending Azriel down a hole of pure panik. Questioning himself why he even had exposed Gwyn for that risk form the start. Gwyn had held her head high, and tried to talk to him, explain that she could handel the risk. It wasn't until late the healer had found and confirmed that Gwyns unique bones would make room for them, allowing them to pass.

"It will be a long process, and one that will force you to your limites." Madja had said and Gwyn had only said back.

"I am a Valkyrie, I can handel that." Azriel had taken her hand, and he was proud of her, his wife, the woman her loved and loved him back. It wasn't until later, when he was alone that he allowed himself to cry in relife.

One morning she had gasped and Az had woken up, prepared to learn the worst. No smell of blood, no cries in scream or terror. Instead she had taken his hand and placed over her swollen belly, a small kick had meet his hand. And then another. A sing on a healthy baby. Every night he placed his hand over her belly, fealing them. Counting them until he fell asleep.

And now... As her screams had gone quiet, when the terror he had felt in his heart had been replaced with pure love... And as the small bundle ha been placed over Gwyns chest.

"It is a girl." Madja said. Gwyn so tired after hours of pushing, and all Az had been abel to do was to watch, holding her hand and been her support. Now he let him self cry in front of all to see. Siting down at Gwyns side. Letting his scared hand move over her head.

"She is perfect..." He whispered. "And you are amazing..."

"She is... And so are you." The short moment passed, Madja needed to take care of the last bits after the birth. "Hold her..." Gwyn said, her face covered in sweat, and her smile one filed of love. Azriel hesitated, looking at his hands.
"Hold her." Gwyn moved their daughter to his arms and he started to cry some more. Her wings carefully placed to not get hurt in the blanket, her eyes closed. Sleeping.

"Hi..." He whispered, tears still falling. "I am your dad, this, this is your amazing mom. And outside that door... Is the rest of your family."

"It is all done." Madja declared. Az looked at Gwyn, her beautiful tiered face was all he needed to sob some more.

"She will need a name." Gwyn said, taking the baby back in her arms.

"She will..." Azril didn't know what to do or say. "Can I tell the others?"

"You can..." Azriel walked out, funding himself shaking, how could one survive this type of love? How could he survive this love?

"How is she?" Mor asked.

"Gwyn is fine, and our daughter too." A new flood of tears. "It is a girl." Mor hugged him.

"Congratulations." Mor took a step back. The rest of the grupp was in the bigger sitting area. And he walked ther, preparing to tell them all.

"It is a fine, healthy baby girl." He said again. The room exploded in congratulations. He walked back, taking Nesta with him. Nesta sat down at her friends side. Talking and whispering. His daughter laid in the crib at the other side of the bed. Azriel walked over to her. She was awake, her eyes hazel brown like his.

"Do you have a name yet?" Nesta asked.

"No, not yet." Gwyn said back. Az could only nod in response.

"No ideas at all?" Nesta said. "Your sisters name?" Az shadows moved in response, gathering around his daughter, as to shield her from something.

"No, she can't have that name..." Gwyn said behind him. His shadows agreed. "She need a name that is living, not dead. And one of her own."

"Liv." Az said, picking up the girl. "In one of the human lands it means Life."

"Liv..." Gwyn repeated, moving to the side for Az to sit down. "I like it..." The girl made a noise in response, as if she liked the name.

"Liv."

The rest of the family and friends came in, only a cupel at the time. Gwyn still tired after the long labour, and Az still on the brink of tears. And he did cry again when his brothers entered.

"We all three made it." Cass said. "Somehow we three became dads."

"And the cauldron is wondering how in the world that happened." Az said back. Smiling at his brothers. "But we did." 

___ 

There we have one about Az that is not about his death. What do you think of Liv as a name?

Vote, Comment, Share

/Mymymoon