Haircut

Apparently I can write sweet, nice stroys between Cassian and Nesta without any problems. Here comes one! Nesta gets tired of her long hair and Cassian reveals a secret tale and helps her with it! 

(Mentions Vega, the name I use for Rhys sister in my headcannons until the day we find out her name.)

_____

"One... Two.... Three, GO!" Cassian shouted behind them and Nesta Gwyn and Emerie took of running down the new Obstacle course. Gwyn took the lead, as usual. Nesta held her eyes on her as she took care fo the first targets, leaving a free way for Emerie and Nesta to follow. Then it was Emeries turn to take the lead, Gwyn cursed behind Nesta, as she was hit by her braided hair.

"Nes, you need to put your hair up better!" Gwyn shouted.

"Sorry!" Nesta took the lead after Emerie was done. Her target was the spinning vertical logs with the wooden poles sticking out of them. She needed to take away the poles, or stoped them from moving. Nesta moved fast, grabbing one to yank it out, but gasped as something started to pull on her hair. One of the others poles had got tangled with her hair and now she was dragged backwards. Nesta tried to turn around to get it lose, but before she found a way, the log stoped moving. Cassian landed in front of her his face in a worried frown on hos face.

"Are you okay?" He asked and moved to help her get lose.

"Yes." Nesta spat and got her hair lose with nu help. "Stupide hair..." She mumbled and looked at the end of the braid.

"It is starting to get long..." Cassian just said and placed his hand under her chin. "Are you sure that you are fine?"

"Yes, can we do the run again?" Nesta moved away, not willing to give up on the days training early. "Just give me a moment to fix this..." She walked of and remade the braid, cursing as bits of her hair got tangled in her fingers and she puled it lose. Finding herself standing there with a ball of hair in her hand.

"Nes!" Gwyn shooted behind her. "We are on again in three!"

"Coming!" With her hair up again and tucked into her shirt to avoid something similar to happen again.

This time they finished the course. Falling down on the ground as they passed the finish line, laughing and giggling out of pure exhaustion.

"Good work! Personal best too!" Azriel said and helped Gwyn up. "We need to make it longer."

"Are you scared?" Gwyn smirked and placed a kiss on his cheek. Nesta looked away, playing with the end of her braid. Her hair was getting far to long, now falling past her hips. But it was quite damaged, and she had lost a lot of the thickness in it after her less then healthy year. And now it was getting in the way in training.

"I will go inside and wash of." She said to no one in particular. Going inside before anyone could respond.

After, she sat down in her bath robe and tried to brush out her mess of a hair. Cursing and getting more and more frustrated as more ball of hair was falling out. Before she knew it, Nesta grabbed her knife and started to cutting it of. The knife got stuck in her hair, the blade not sharp enough to make a clean cut. Her frustration grew, to the point of tears and Nesta stoped, her hands shaking in anger.

"Knock knock." Cassian entered the bathroom. "Sweetheart..." The whispered made her sub louder.

"I hate it..." She just said back. "I have always hated it..."

"Come here..." Cassian moved her in the chair. "Let's see how bad it is..." He started to study the damage. Mumbling things as he went on. Nesta tried to shake her head, but Cassian stoped her. Placing his hand to frame her face.
"Stay still..." He moved and picked up a leather roll. Nesta recognised it, it was his tools for shaving.