61. Writer's Monologue

Note: Listen to 'Homage' by Mild High Club while reading this.

______________________________________

Whom do you think I write these verses for?
Do you see yourself in them?
Do you feel loved?
Admired? Accepted?

Like a fairy tale finally
Feeling yours.

Does your heart ache
And long for it?

Do you forget everything
And yourself when you read them?

Do you envy the same words
When you realize they aren't for you?

I wonder sometimes
If my words are even relatable
If they do resonate with people
That claim to love my work.

I feel I'm being too pretentious sometimes
And sometimes there is nothing deeper to what I write.

At the end of it all
I still want to share
The incoherence of my thoughts
For I might find someone
Who belongs to the same chaos.

- Pink Poet

______________________________________

A/N:

Being a writer is very difficult sometimes. I tend to write on a lot of topics usually pertaining to human emotions and feelings but this gets tedious when what you are thinking doesn't word out the same way. Usually happens a lot and probably is my biggest reason for taking such long breaks between poems. 

The readers are the crucial part of the whole process. I might think I've written a good piece but it can fail to express the same emotions to a reader who is very much unaware of what were my thoughts behind the piece. 

There are times I've tried super hard to impress my audience. Write pieces  that are very 'mainstream' and though these were all well received they had something missing. They were missing my touch. So it's really very important to find a balance between what you want to write and what your audience wants to read. There are no compromise just extra efforts. 

And when you finally find that balance, that's your style, your very own format of writing, and this is where you see growth peak in your work. This is also the point where you enjoy writing even more than you did before. Your audience starts to get interactive with your work and the whole writing process doesn't seem as tedious as before.

I know if not all but most writers can relate to this. And probably have been through it all too. So this piece is dedicated to all those passionate writers that try every day to do better for their readers. 

Writer? Reader? Leave your thoughts in comments and let me know how you feel. ♥️♥️♥️