4

The jet soon landed after a while leaving us three to the mission at hand. When the doors had finally dropped, we all walked out side by side with our weapons. Nobody seemed to be around so we sneaked to the front entrance. Coulson gave me a signal and i smiled before kicking the door down.

This was my favourite part. It made me feel cool for kicking down things. Hill and Coulson trudged in and me soon after. No one was there which was weird because apparently there were supposedly loads of agents in this base. We carried on down the hall and there was a cross roads. Three ways. Coulson told us which one to go down and we both nodded.

I hid behind a corner before flipping around with my gun in front. There was a few agents that i easily nailed in the head or chest with my perfect aim as i carried on down the hallway. No one seemed to be around so i kicked in some doorways.

"Fury, didn't Stark stop making explosives?"

"I think so" Fury answered unsure

"Well check again popeye, there's a buttload over here"

"Let me call Stark" Fury sighed

I rolled my eyes while carrying on down the hall. Kicked in a few doors while still finding Stark Industry explosives. I heard footsteps coming around the corner and I, impulsively hid in one of the rooms. They walked past me and i stepped out again, flaying my gun right and left before i did so. The hall got shorter as i stepped further down. There was not only rooms but cells now.

"This is Stark, what the hell do you mean theres explosives?" Tony shrieked over the com

"You got to shield that fast?" Coulson asked

"He's on the phone Coulson, now answer the man" Fury instructed

"There's a bunch of explosives with your logo on them Mr Stark"

"I found some as- oh fuck" Maria called out

"Hill? You alright?" Fury asked

"Fine but they aren't" Maria replied

"Well i stopped making them years ago so i don't know what's going on" Stark answered

"Fury, is there a Barnes on the list? A Sargent James Barnes?"

"Did you just say Barnes? As in Bucky Barnes?" Coulson gasped

"No, he's not, why?" Fury asked

"HOLY FUCK"

A man pounced at the cell bars from inside. He was mumbling still and he had a metal arm. His hair was long and shaggy, looked like he had been here for quite a while.

"Are you Sargent Barnes?"

"What do you want from me?" The man asked huskily

"I'm with Shield, come to help"

"No, no, no, no" The man repeated

"Are you Barnes?"

"No" He answered

"Then who are you sir?"

"NO" He shouted

I stepped back slightly and footsteps came running again. This time there was no where to hide so i kind of just stood there. They came around and pulled their guns up. I smirked at the agents before shooting them and throwing taser disks at each one. They all dropped to the floor in record time.

"Why would you do that?" The man asked

"Told you, come to help"

"So you're not with them?" He questioned

"Those ass holes? Hell no. I'm on the good side"

The man kind of just looked at me. I saw the pain in his eyes from everything that had happened to him. I looked down each side of the corridor and then back at him as i took a step.

"May i ask what your name is?"

"Bucky" Bucky answered hoarsely

"Well Bucky, i'm Kat Romanoff"

"Did you say Romanoff?" Bucky asked as his eyes went wide at me

"Yeah why?"

"I trained you, you and-" Bucky started

"Natasha?"

Bucky nodded as i realised what he meant. The red room. Where me and Natasha became assassins. I grimaced at the memory and looked back at him. Suddenly, i felt a sharp pain in my shoulder. I turned around and there stood an agent with a gun pointed at me. My gun went straight up and i shot him before turning back to Bucky.

"We need to go"

"Romanoff? Are you alright?" Fury asked over comms

"Yeah fine, saved a guy we didn't even have on the list"

"Who?" Maria asked

"Bucky Barnes"

"AS IN THEE BUCKY BARNES?" Coulson shouted

"I don't know who that is"

I looked at the lock on the cell and sighed before holding my gun at it. I shot at it as Bucky moved back slightly. The door was kicked open and i gestured for him to leave. I then proceeded to wrap my arm in my jacket so the blood didn't, well, come out.

The two of us walked along the corridors again and i was in front making sure nobody tried to shoot at us. A few did and they went to hell i guess? We carried on, me kicking down a few doors while trying to keep my arm intact before heading back out to the jet. Coulson and Hill were both there and i slid my gun in the holster before nodding to Bucky to head on the jet.

"What happened to you?" Hill asked looking at my arm

"Nothing, i'm fine Hill"

"Were you shot but don't want to admit it? Like last time" Coulson sighed

"Nope, not at all"

"Yes she was" Bucky stated quietly

"Okay i saved your ass, don't be snaking me out"

"Kat, you were shot" Coulson shrieked

"Please, let's go"

Coulson rolled his eyes before we headed on board. I took up my original space and grimaced when peeling the jacket off my arm. The bullet was ,unluckily, not a through and through which meant it was still in my shoulder. It had nearly come out the front though which did mean i could get it out easily.

"Coulson, where's the med kit?"

"Top left compartment" Coulson replied as he flew the jet off the ground

I headed over and grabbed it with my good arm before returning to my seat. I removed my shirt, not caring who was around and started to try and get the bullet out with the tweezers. I cursed before getting it out.

"Finally"

"Need help?" Maria offered

"No thanks, i'm a pro"

I winked at the woman and returned my gaze onto my shoulder which was now pouring out blood. That didn't seem like a good sign. I held a bandage to it before getting the thread stuff out. The hole was then sewn up after a few curses and i bandaged it up quickly.

"You alright back there?" Coulson asked

"I'm fine Phil, ask me when they shoot my head"

"You'd be dead?" Bucky questioned

"It's her way of saying don't worry but Kat is awkward about it" Coulson explained

"Am not. It's a slight wound"

"A slight bullet wound" Maria added sarcastically

"Childs play"

I smirked at her and ripped the sleeve off my shirt. I then stuck it back on so my "wounded" shoulder was free from the shirt. My head was laid back and i exhaled before closing my eyes. Maybe not the greatest idea after losing a butt ton of blood but i was tired so i deserved a nap.