47

It was a few days later. Natasha was still in denial of her sister dying, Anna couldn't bare to even hear her name and enough was said for Maria. She skipped out of work for the week and hasn't been able to let go of the photo they took at laser tag. Steve stayed by Bucky's side even if he had put a brave face on.

It was a week later. They had put together a great service which consisted of speeches, a reef and a lake. Considering the body was now magical, it was now property of shield.

Maria was currently getting ready. It hurt to actually let go of Kat but the memory would always be there. She placed her black blazer on to finish the look as her door knocked. Maria opened the door and there was stood Bucky who was also dressed in all black.

"Ready?" Bucky questioned

Maria took a deep breath before nodding. Bucky looped his arm through hers as she shut the door. They walked down to the car where Steve was waiting for them with a sad smile.

They soon got it Tony's cabin where the lake was there and the Avengers were surprisingly gathered there. Clint and his family, Thor, Tony and Pepper, Sam, Keila, Louise, Coulson, Nat and Anna were all already there. Maria, Steve and Bucky joined the group as they started the ceremony.

"So i didn't ever think i would need to do this because Kat was stubborn and she always came back but here we are" Maria started

"I mean, what can i say? She was and is the love of my life. Kat would make these stupid comments but she cared. She would defend us against stupid little kids and took me to my favourite places" Maria smiled softly as the tears fell

"What i'm trying to say is no matter what, Kat will always been in our hearts, alive or not" Maria finished

Maria nodded at the lot before stepping away. She regained her spot next to Bucky and he patted her shoulder softly as she looked at the water. Nat had now taken her spot where Maria was.

"Look, i didn't believe Kat's death at first and it pained me to see her like that. I still don't think she's gone but here she is making me go all sappy for her" Natasha started

"Kat was the best big sister i could've asked for. The world was rough on her from the start but she kept a brave face the whole way through for me and Anna. She would take the blame for things i did so i wouldn't have to go through pain, she covered our eyes during the hardest parts and even when it wasn't rough she always checked up on us. I mean, hell she even spent half her money on making sure Anna would never have to go through what we did" Natasha continued as her tears fell.

"Kat was too pure for this world and i think we'd all agree that it was too harsh on her. She went through so much for all of us like letting an ex Hydra assassin stay at her place or even dying for two random woman she met while being taken hostage and Kat deserved the world. As Maria said, she won't be forgotten and i owe her my life" Natasha finished

She officially had tears streaming down her face. Natasha stepped down and took her place next to Anna as her arm went around Anna's hip. Bucky had walked up and he was putting the reef in considering he refused to speak as he would probably cry.

Fury was stood on the porch of the cabin, watching and listening to it all. I mean he had know the Romanoff's since Clint rescued them from the Red Room. Kat was one of his best agents and it pained him to let her go like this.

Bucky had just placed the reef in the water as Fury sensed a presence behind him. He looked behind him and no one was there so he shrugged it off and continued watching. The presence came back and he ignored it till and eerily familiar voice rung through his ears.

"Who died?"

He turned around and it was indeed an alive Kat Romanoff. His mouth fell agape as he looked her up and down. The woman was in some sort of Witch gear which a cape and a crown?

"You're joking" Fury scoffed

"I wouldn't joke at a funeral, i'm not that shallow" Kat remarked

"It's your funeral Katrina" Fury deadpanned

"Bitch i'm alive" Kat smirked

"No, you died" Fury corrected

"Pshh alright" Kat chuckled quietly

"Look" Fury sighed

He held his phone out and the security video of her death played. Kat raised an eyebrow before looking at the phone. There was a bang and she dropped. Maria had ran to her body and shook it but she was dead. Fury pulled the phone away to Kat who was furrowing her eyebrows.

"Why do you already have this on a tab?" Kat questioned

"Because i was trying to find the guy" Fury lied

"Uh huh" Kat smirked again

"So you're a witch?" Fury asked

"We will discuss this later, i need to go see hot stuff over there" Kat grinned

Fury gave her a quick hug and a whisper saying 'You fake die again and i will kill you myself'. Kat pulled away and sent him a wink before walking over to beside Maria. She slapped her ass and smirked as Maria yelped. She turned to face the new witch and gaped.

"Miss me Hot stuff?"

"WHAT DID I SAY!" Natasha shouted

"Y-you're actually alive?" Maria stuttered out

"I'm basically immortal nowadays" Kat shrugged

"But i saw you. You were shot, you DIED!" Maria shrieked

"I didn't have a choice in the matter" Kat replied

"I knew you'd come back" Bucky smiled

Bucky engulfed Kat in a tight hug as she was being squished.

"I couldn't leave my favourite senior with all my kitchen appliances now could i?" Kat chuckled

Bucky laughed slightly as well before pulling away. Nat then ran up and tackled her to the ground in a hug as Kat wheezed.

"I fucking knew it" Natasha muttered

"I heard everything you said by the way. I love you too baby sis"

Nat swatted her arm and removed her grasp from Kat. They both stood and everyone started to greet the non dead woman. It was about ten minutes later where Kat found Maria sat on the pier. She approached the woman as Maria let out a breath.

"Hey hot stuff"

"I'm kinda pissed you died" Maria stated

"Would this help you forgive me?" Kat asked

Maria furrowed her eyebrows and turned to the woman. Kat was on one knee with a ring box and a smile. Maria's mouth fell open as she stood.

"My time to be all sappy. Maria, i have loved you ever since you pinned me against that wall and kissed me for the first time. Now i know this is quick but i can't wait any longer. I love you, I love waking up next to you, I love when you come over to see me, I love when we joke around and i just love everything about you. In all honesty, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me and personally i can't let you go anytime soon so would you like to be the lucky one to have the honour of being my wife?"

Maria was frozen, in shock.

"No" Maria breathed out