28

I hadn't spoke to Bucky since yesterday. He stayed in his room while i got ready for work. Now yes i know everyone would tell me to go home or get some rest but i needed to go in. I needed to speak to Fury. I spent the night pacing around, listening to my sad playlist as we all do when something goes wrong.

I got ready for work and headed in. It was quiet when i went in but i knew Fury would be in. I didn't speak to anyone walking up, just the simple 'hi' in the persons direction if they greeted me. I knocked on Fury's office and he let me in, surprised to see me here.

"I know what you're going to say"

"You should be at home, resting" Fury replied

"I need your help"

"Is it that important?" Fury asked

"I jeopardised my friendship with Bucky"

"Carry on then" Fury commanded

I trudged over to the seats in front of him and he saw the red around my eyes to pair with the bags. I didn't make eye contact though. I never could after crying for hours.

"Everything alright?" Fury questioned, sounding concerned

"I had another nightmare yesterday"

"Kat-" Fury sighed

"Can you book me in with the shrink please?"

I looked at him now with bloodshot eyes as he just furrowed his eyebrows. Fury nodded before turning back to his computer. It was a few minutes later but he informed me they had a slot open in ten minutes. Fury booked me in and i thanked him before heading down there. They recognised me and told me to take a seat as i stepped in the room. Mindy was one of the best so i was glad she could fit me in.

"What's been going on Kat?" Mindy questioned

"Have you heard what's been happening over the past few weeks?"

"You were taken from San Fransisco then again last week" Mindy nodded

"Well i had a nightmare after the first time. I shot a mirror"

Mindy nodded along as i spoke. She started writing things down as i opened up about the past few weeks. She had to reassure me a few times that i wasn't boring her. I just get that feeling y'know? It was like a weight being lifted off my shoulders talking about all of this.

"You need a break. A vacation, anything. But being here just brings it all back. You need to spend time away from work to get your head straight" Mindy explained

"I cant. Work is my life. I have nothing else"

"How about Barnes? He's not work. You have Maria as well and your sister" Mindy explained

"Bucky's mad at me. Maria is in work and Nat is a big shot hero. She doesn't have time for me"

"Fix things with Bucky, take him out, explain everything. Invite Maria out when she's not busy and Natasha can surely find some time with you. Also, your friends you met while on the ship. Go out with them" Mindy suggested

"Keila and Louise have their own lives, i don't want-"

"Kat. Stop doing this. You're making excuses. Ask them when they're not busy. You need a break from work, from all the drama" Mindy informed

"Okay"

"Great, now lets go back up to Fury. I'll explain everything alright?" Mindy asked

I nodded back at the woman before we both headed out. I felt like a helpless child when i had to go to a shrink. Like what was the point if i couldn't suck it up. We returned to Fury's office but Maria and Coulson were now there. I didn't look at either of them.