29

Bucky left soon after. He hadn't text Steve about going over either which would give Steve a right run for his money when a scary dude turned up unannounced. I was just looking around my apartment at that point waiting for something to do. Most of my stuff was packed up, ready for us to find a new place since this one we had was wrecked.

I opted for the TV option. I stuck on a show while waiting for Maria to come over. She had text me to say she was on her way which brightened my mood up. Just sat on the couch at this point, sipping a beer while watching criminal minds. One of my favourite shows. The doorbell rang and i sprinted to it. The door opened and there was stood one gorgeous woman.

"Hey Kat, you alright?" Maria asked

"Yeah I'm good, come in"

I opened the door wider for her and she stepped in, taking in the place. Maria stuck the food on the counter as i stood across from her.

"Where's Bucky?" Maria questioned

"He went to Steve's. Wanted to give us a date night alone"

"Sounds fun" Maria smirked

I smirked back at the woman as she got the food out. I walked around and gave her a kiss before pulling out non-broken plates. I turned back around to her and she had gotten Chinese. My favourite. Maria smiled at me as i placed the plates down.

"How'd you know?"

"I saw the Chinese containers in your office" Maria chuckled

"Probably should've taken out that trash before i left"

"How often do you sleep there?" Maria questioned

"I have a couch there for a reason"

"So most the time?" Maria sighed

"Maybe but this is a work free zone here at the moment. So Miss Hill, let's go eat chinese and watch a movie"

"Of course Miss Romanoff" Maria mocked

"Watch it you, no mocking"

"Not one of my privileges?" Maria smirked

"No of course not"

Maria laughed at me as we walked the the couch. I sat down and she sat next to me. I smiled at the woman before picking my beer bottle up. It was empty.

"Damn it"

I stood from my seat before going to the fridge.

"You want one?"

"Yes please" Maria replied

I threw the empty bottle out before grabbing two from the fridge. The fridge closed and i headed back over to the couch.

"Didn't get a bottle opener" Maria stated

"You don't need one"

I stuck the edge of the cap between my teeth before pulling it off. Maria looked at me like i was a psychopath as i handed her the bottle. I smirked at her before doing it again with my bottle.

"Surely that's bad for your teeth" Maria questioned

"Only if it breaks them"

"What are we watching then?" Maria asked, already fed up with me

"What do you want to watch hot stuff?"

"Well it's close to halloween so how about a horror?" Maria suggested

"So i can see you get scared? Of course"

"I'm never scared of a movie, you'll be the one scared" Maria teased

"Oh please, want to bet?"

"Ten bucks says you'll flinch first" Maria smirked

"Alright"

Marie shook my hand and i clicked onto a horror. The movie played as we both ate. It was good Chinese I'll give you that. The movie went on and the both of us did not flinch. It was about half way through when i caught Maria flinch from the corner of my eye. I chuckled and turned to her as she rolled her eyes. Maria went to get her purse out but i stopped her.

"You paid for food. I don't want it"

"We made a bet" Maria stated

"I don't want it. I just wanted to prove a point"

Maria shook her head at me as i laid my head on her shoulder. She smiled at me before patting her lap as to say lay in her lap. I slipped my head down and her hand went in my hair, playing with it. It was rather nice. Pretty sure i fell asleep.

I woke up when the credits rolled around and looked up at the woman i was laying on. Maria was still awake. She looked down at me and smiled.

"Nice nap?" Maria asked

"The best nap I've ever taken"

"Glad my thighs are comfortable" Maria chuckled

"How many more times did you flinch?"

"None" Maria lied

"Mhm sure"

I stood from her lap before picking both of our plates and bottles up. I headed to the kitchen and stuck them in the sink before starting to wash up.

"Leave the plates, we'll do them after" Maria spoke as she walked next to me

"After what?"

Maria laughed at me before taking my cheeks in her hands so our faces were close.

"I think you know what I'm referring too" Maria smirked

"I'm down. Let's go"

I dried my hands before pressing our lips together. My hands went to her thighs were i tapped for her to jump. She jumped while keeping our lips together just for me to catch her. Her legs went around my waist as i pressed her against the wall.

"You want to take this to the bedroom my love?"

"Don't be a dork and come on" Maria chuckled

"I'm always a dork"

And that was our night. The dishes did not get done 'after'.