43

Me and Sam set up for the party and finished exactly before everyone started filling my apartment up. There was the five Avengers (minus Steve at the moment), Sam, Pepper, Maria, Keila, Louise, Coulson, Anna and a few others that everyone knew. We were all set up and i quickly changed into party appropriate before getting my last surprise ready for Bucky.

Everyone had a party hat on or a party blower thing as everyone chatted. My phone dinged and it was the door bell app.

"Everyone down!"

Everyone got down and Sam turned the light off as i heard his keys jingle. I had to buy Bucky a lot of key chains to stop him from leaving his keys in the door. He did that a lot too. The light flooded in from the hall as Bucky walked in backwards for some reason.

"Why are the lights off? Katrina!" Bucky growled

He flipped the light on and everyone jumped up.

"Surprise!" Everyone shouted

Bucky shrieked and flipped a gun out before turning around. Everyone chuckled as Steve took the gun off of him.

"You bastard! You took me to dinner to hide this" Bucky pouted

"Its called a surprise party for a reason Buck" Steve snickered

"Who is the other culprit behind this?" Bucky asked

I stepped out front the shadows with a box. I smiled at the man as he raised an eyebrow.

"Now, i realise you're like super old and stuff but me, Sam and Steve decided to throw you this. Well actually it was my idea and i had to blackmail Sam but its the thought that counts"

Bucky turned to Sam with a raised eyebrows. Sam fake saluted before Bucky turned back to me.

"Oh and this is your last birthday present"

I handed the box to him and told him to be careful as he hesitated. Bucky frowned before pulling off the lid. His face immediately softened as he saw what was inside.

"You're lonely when i'm in work and Spangles is off being the Captain of America so i thought you needed a friend"

"You got me a puppy?" Bucky awhed

"You deserve him. With everything you have been through yet you still take care of me. James, you make sure i eat after missions, you make sure i sleep before them and over all you're just the best person i could've asked for to be my roommate so i thought you deserved something that will give you love nonstop"

Bucky looked at me with teary eyes as i smiled. A tear rolled down as he let out a happy sob. He picked the puppy out of the box and Steve took the box as Bucky admired the animal.

"Also he's a rescue. Sadly, he lost a leg but i had the genius Stark over there do some mechanicy stuff and made him a matching arm- well paw in his case"

Bucky's tears flowed even more at the story.

"You are not making me cry again. Stop with the water works"

Bucky chuckled at me as he hugged me tightly. Well half hugged considering he was holding the puppy. Bucky kissed my cheek as i hugged him back. Bucky pulled away and i grinned.

"Let's get this party started!"

That is what started it all. Bucky held onto the dog for most the night while everyone was gushing over him. I was super drunk with Sam while Maria was trying to get us to stop drinking claiming 'we can die from liver failure' but thats most definitely a myth.

"Hey look hot stuff, i love you with the whole of me but i like drinking. Just relax and take a few shots"

Maria sighed at me and Sam chuckled. Maria sat forward and broke the cap off a beer before looking at us.

"We like to drink with Maria cause'- Oh she downed it easily" Sam snickered

Maria had downed the beer. I smirked at the woman as she did a few more shots back and sat back. Maria turned to face me as i looked at her in awe.

"You, Miss Hill, are my dream girl"

"I better be" Maria said while raising an eyebrow

"I love you sweetheart"

"I love you too Kat" Maria smiled

"Saps" Sam chuckled

I turned to him and used my black sparkled to knock his beer down him. Maria was laughing behind me as Sam just huffed.

"Shut up Sammy boy. Me and Hot stuff here aren't always soft"

Maria swatted my arm as Sam smirked. He knew what i was on about. Sam was talking again as someone else walked over. I smirked as Marias grip on my hand became tighter.

"So i hear you've been addressing me as the hot ginger to Tony" Pepper chuckled

"Well i didn't exactly know your name"

"It take it as you know now?" Pepper asked

"And that i have a super hot girlfriend that will literally kick my ass"

I smiled and gestured to Maria who was listening to this conversation intently.

"Tony was telling me. I'm happy for you two" Pepper smiled

"Thank you. I am going to find the birthday boy but enjoy your night"

I nodded at Pepper before standing. Marias grasp disappeared as i headed over to the corner where Bucky and Steve were sat. He didn't have the dog anymore but they were 'making out'. I stood there and coughed to get their attention as they both turned around.

"PG thirteen please ladies. My innocent eyes should not see this"

"Innocent, sure" Bucky scoffed

"True, i drank a whole bottle of vodka earlier"

"My god, how are you not dying right now?" Steve chuckled

"Please vodka is water to us Russians. Now scoot over, Kat needs to talk with you gays"

"Did you just call us gays?" Bucky asked

"Well i'm not going to call you straights"

Bucky shrugged and slid over but i decided to fuck around. I sat right in the middle of the two as they looked over at me.

"See i'd prefer this seat so i know you weren't sticking your tongues down eachothers throats while i'm talking"

"I'm going to get a drink anyway" Steve laughed

He stood up leaving me with Bucky.

"So how is the senior enjoying the party?"

"It's amazing. I've never really had a big party but i'm glad i get to share this day with my family" Bucky smiled

"That is adorable"

"Like that puppy. Thank you Kat" Bucky grinned

"You need the love while we're gone and plus it might distract to you from eating all my leftover pizza"

"If anything you've just made more go missing" Bucky smirked

"Dog's cant eat pizza"

"They cant?" Bucky asked

"I don't know, google it"

"I will later" Bucky replied

"So thought of a name yet?"

"I was thinking Hero" Bucky shrugged

"It suits him. He does look like a hero"

"Plus he's golden with blue eyes which reminds me of Steve" Bucky smiled in awe

"God you are so sappy!"

"And you are so drunk. I can smell the alcohol reeking off of you" Bucky grimaced

"I'm just fun James, stop being a sober buzzkill and drink more"

"I can't get drunk Kat" Bucky stated

"Well fuck the serum. We are going to give you the experience of being drunk with or without being capable to be drunk"