35

Turns out me and Bucky had spent the night on the couch. We watched the saddest movies we could find while crying out eyes out. It was the most i have ever cried in front of someone. It was now eight in the morning and we were still awake. There were multiple beer bottles around with loads of snack wrappers and tissues from tears. Bucky was seconds away from falling asleep when the door knocked.

"Your turn"

"No it's not!" Bucky exclaimed

"I answered it to your man yesterday, its your turn to answer it now"

"Fine" Bucky grumbled

I laid my head against the back of the couch while listening to the voices on a Simpsons episode that had come on. I heard Bucky walk off and answer the door. There were a few voices as i just laid there and closed my eyes.

"Kat, it's for you" Bucky called out

"Asshole"

"I'm not joking!" Bucky chuckled

"You better not be or I'll fry your ass"

"With what?" Bucky smirked

"My panini maker, shut up idiot"

"Yeah yeah, just come here" Bucky commanded

I groaned before standing up from my spot. My shoulder stretched out as i made my way to the door. I looked out and Maria was stood there.

"Hey Buck, give us a second will you?"

"Yeah, yeah of course. I'll go clean up" Bucky smiled before walking off

"Don't just organise them into piles and not throw them out!"

"THAT WAS ONE TIME!" Bucky shouted back

I chuckled before turning back to Maria who raised an eyebrow at me.

"Is there something i can help you with?"

"I wanted to-" Maria started

"Apologise? Yeah i know. Don't apologise for your opinion"

"Kat, i didn't mean it" Maria sighed

"Then why did you say it?"

Maria didn't say anything. She kind of just looked at me like she was begging for me to forgive her but didn't actually want to beg.

"Well i have not slept and i am dehydrated so i need to shower if you will excuse me"

"Kat, I'm sorry. Please don't shut me out" Maria pleaded

"I don't know what you want from me, Hill. You spoke your mind and i respect that"

"I want you to say everything's alright" Maria muttered

"Well i cant because even though i respect your opinion, it wasn't exactly what i expected you to say"

I gave her a tight, awkward smile before starting to shut the door.

"I love you though" Maria mumbled

That caught my attention. I opened the door fully and looked at her with wide eyes as she looked back at me.

"Excuse me?"

"I know it's really quick but Kat I've loved you since you called me hot when we first met" Maria spluttered

I raised an eyebrow at the woman as she kept going.

"It broke me when i watched you get killed by Cap or when you gave me that rose two nights ago, i knew for certain then. Please just don't shut me out" Maria pleaded

Well that was an apology. She looked up at me which a tear rolling down her face. Her eyes searched my face as i just stood there shocked. She went to turn away but i placed my hand at her cheek so she couldn't. She looked at me like i was insane. I gave her a small smile before kissing her. Maria was very surprised. I pulled away and connected our foreheads.

"I love you too"

"You do?" Maria gasped

"Since i laid eyes on you. I knew you would be mine, hot stuff"

Maria chuckled before giving me another kiss.

"I didn't mean it. You're not selfish at all" Maria muttered

"I know"

"Well as nice as this was, i need to go to work" Maria smirked

"I need to shower and go to bed. Me and Bucko were up watching movies and crying all night"

"Sounds fun" Maria replied with a slight judgemental look

"See ya sweetheart"

"Bye Kat" Maria smiled

She walked away as i closed the door and leant back on it. My face turned to a grin as i walked back over to the couch. Bucky didn't clean. He was asleep on the couch, snoring lightly. I walked over to him and smirked.

"BUCKY!"

Bucky flinched up and held his hands in front of him to defend. I started laughing as he looked around frantically.

"You asshole!" Bucky scowled

"Well you need to wake up"

"Why?" Bucky asked

"We need to clean then you need to go sleep in your bed instead of the couch"

"Can you do that thing with my hair first? You know the thing that makes it curly" Bucky asked

"The braid?"

"Yeah that" Bucky nodded

"Of course Bucko. Sit on the floor and I'll go get the brush"

Bucky sat on the floor as i walked to his room. I grabbed his brush before going back to the half asleep Bucky. I sat behind him and started to brush his hair through to get the knots out.

"More gentle this time" Bucky stated

"I'm not that rough, don't be a baby"

"You nearly pulled my hair out" Bucky shrieked

"Maybe you should cut it off"

"Never" Bucky growled

"Mhm mhm sure"

"Don't get any ideas" Bucky grumbled

"I wont"

"You don't sound reassuring" Bucky stated

"I never do"

Bucky shrugged as i plaited his hair. He whined a few times that I wasn't being gentle which made me scold him a few times as well. I finished his hair and we cleaned up before we each went to our rooms.

"Screw the shower"

I changed into sweats before getting under my covers. Instantly fell asleep too.