9 - the time

The morning air has never smelt worse. The fog was too stiff and the clouds seemed to be too vibrant. Not a hint of color- not that George could see too many colors anyways.

Multiple stares were thrown his way as he nervously trudged down the long sidewalk.

No matter what, this is what he needed to do. He's been waiting too long to be ready.

At least he thinks so. He found himself breaking down as he stood in front of the large oak brown house his mother currently lived with low money.

George didn't cry a single tear, but his breath was heavy and his cheeks instantly flushed pink in nervousness.

The night before he had spoken to Dream. But barely.

He mostly found comfort in sleeping in a call with Dream, so they talked a bit before they both fell asleep.

There was absolutely no going back now. With a Florida visit in just two weeks from now and a busy uploading schedule- this was the perfect time. Free time.

George's mother didn't pick up a single phone call. He knew he was being ignored, but he didn't care. George was finally here now to overcome what he most fears. Or perhaps- who he most fears.

He carefully leaned against the old wooden fence, panting his heart out until he could calm himself.

George:
I'm here
I'm scared
I don't want to go in,

He types.

The response is immediate.

Dream:
hey
listen to me
you can do this
you're a lot braver than u think george
don't turn back around.

George:
can we call for a second
before I go in
please

No response back, just his phone ringing. George presses the phone up to his ear and brings his nails to his mouth, chewing anxiously.

"George."

"Dream."

"Are you at the house?"

"Yes. I'm here but I don't know what I should do. I didn't even fucking rehearse-"

"You just need to tell her what you've been thinking. You need to refuse to let her speak until you explain everything. You need to tell her why you're angry."

"What if she doesn't listen?"

"That's when you leave. When you leave, she'll know your contact is over and you won't speak to her again. Make her listen."

A silence falls over the call as George brings his fingers away from his mouth and bites his bottom lip, with sadness in his eyes.

The stupid brown house.

"Are you upset with me at all?"

Dream seems to be surprised by this. He scoffs. "Upset. Really?"

A smile fights it's way to play on George's face.

"This is something else to talk about. Now go, talk to her. I love you, George. Bye."

George parts his lips as Dream waits for an answer.

"Love you too, bye."

He hears a small, "hehe," then Dream hangs up.

He probably thinks I don't mean that in a different way. It's better like this.

George slowly approaches the doorstep, his mind rewinding back to months ago when Dream spoke about his loving family, and how they have always accepted him in any situation. Well, how his siblings and mother accepted him with anything. Dream didn't really know much about what his dad thought.