11 - everything

"And see, George. You put this one here, and this one goes here. Corner pieces first." Hollie instructed strictly, moving small puzzle pieces around quickly and confusing the hell out of George.

Hollie was surprisingly good at stuff like this.

"And here," She continued, set the green pieces in a pile."

George gritted his teeth, strategically picking up each piece he thought was green.

"Wow, funny." She said sarcastically. "That's a yellow piece."

My god.

"I'm colorblind."

To George's surprise, she wasn't phased. She didn't seem to give a fuck.

"You're so dumb. Why the hell did you agree to this then?" She slowly started to pick up a few pieces and throw them back in the bin.

"I was bored."

Hollie huffed, then gave up on cleaning the pieces after realizing George wasn't going to help.

George settled his elbow on the table and studied her facial expression.

"Will you be busy tonight, George?"

"Wha? Uh- I don't know."

"Hm." She mumbled, her leg bouncing up and down under the table.

"Okay, so great you're not busy. I was thinking that you and I could do something tonight."

What.

"Just me and you?"

"Yep. And before you ask, no Lucas can't come. Just me and you."

A grin curled onto Hollies face as multiple worried thoughts played silently in George's mind.

"I don't see why not. As long as it's just for a little bit."

Hollie nodded, now fully smiling and happily tossing puzzle pieces back into the bin.

Hopefully she doesn't get the wrong idea.

"Oh and by the way, George, before you ask me where were going, it's nothing fancy. How do subway sandwiches on a big grassy hill sound?"

This is such a Hollie thing for her to do

"Don't worry I wasn't expecting anything fancy. Why would it need to be?"

She softly smiled and nodded.

-

Every free moment Dream had he tried, but he simply couldn't bring himself to explain everything to his father.

He didn't even have the guts to tell him when they were sitting alone at the park catching up on life.

Every night he would peek his head around the hallway corner to see his father laughing with his wife and daughter which was very rare to see. Charlotte and Dreams mother haven't been the happiest lately until his dad got home.

And their sadness was because of Dream.

Why bring up his own issues when his family looked perfectly happy now?

There wasn't a reason to ruin everyone's mood. Even after all of Sapnaps bickering and urging over the phone, Dream just couldn't do it.

When George would visit things would already be complicated since he was meeting his family, there wasn't a need to make matters worse with constant pressure.

"Sometimes telling the truth is the only way out," Dreams father had once told him awhile ago, but it didn't mean anything now because in this situation it wouldn't work. It would simply be impossible.