38 - new years & new lives

Time skip
December 31st, New Years Eve
-3 months since last events have taken place-

-

Red solo cups and platters of veggies and chips are displayed everywhere around the kitchen in Dreams house.

The karaoke machine is ready, the party requirements scatter the island table, and boxed fireworks wait patiently on the back patio.

It's New Years Eve. Everyone is coming.

Dream and George are dressed decently nice, standing in the bathroom and admiring each other's features in the mirror.

George is in Florida, and he's staying. Someone else important is staying, too.

"You guys almost ready up there?!" Sapnap yells from the bottom of the stairs. George and Dream leave the upstairs bathroom and approach the stairway.

They see him. Sapnap, dressed well with his hair slicked back and a wide grin. He looked the cleanest he's ever had.

"Wow, you've quite outdone yourself this time." George says happily, and shoves his hands into his pockets.

"So have you two. It's only New Years— why did we even decide to get this clothed up?" Sapnap questions as he previews his outfit again.

"Because there are more people for you to meet," Dream responds towards both George and Sapnap.

After speaking, Dream started to walk down the stairs with George close behind.

They all observe each other's outfits at the bottom of the stairs, Patches watching them curiously from her view at the top of the table.

"There is only one correct solution." Dream declared, pulling out his phone. He quickly snapped a picture of Sapnap and George standing next to each other.

He tweets it out immediately with the caption 'happy New Years! me, Sapnap and George send you all our love!'

Dream smiles before hitting the tweet button. He knows everyone will go crazy over it.

"I never said you could post that," George defends, crossing his arms.

"Too late." Dream teases, waving his phone in front of the brunettes face with the tweet visible. He smiles at both the shorter boys, and pockets away his phone.

He can't help but admire the oversized sweater hugging George's body, and his perfect brown locks that now fall so longly. He remembers how he feels when he runs his much larger fingers through his hair, and how when he'd stop George would beg him to continue.

When Dream looks to George's hands, he remembers pinning them to his own bed sheets and squeezing so tightly to leave marks.

He remembers folding their hands together, and having the courage to pull out his phone and reveal a huge secret to the overly supportive community.

Dream snaps back into reality when a cold hand touches his arm.

"Clay?" George says softly with a neutral expression.

He looks to his right, and sees that Sapnap has already left the room.

But when he looks behind George, he sees Sapnap hunched down by the radio, probably trying to find some good songs they'd be able to blast throughout the night.

"Yes?" Dream replies as the hand slowly slips down from his arm.

"Everything okay?"

Dream nods. He tries to think about why George has asked him that question, but soon remembers his father is coming over along with everyone else.