31 - many firsts

The outside looks soggy and dim. The house has been quiet for a few hours. Sapnap has been staying in his room lately because he needs to catch up on kinoko kingdom streams with Karl.

George has also been hidden, most definitely thinking about everything suddenly placed on his shoulders.

But his own weight was placed when he told Dream he'd stay.

Dream knew it was a big decision. He wasn't even sure George thought it through fully, although he has clarified multiple times that we wants to.

Maybe Dream was overthinking again, being insecure. Maybe his father caused this, the distrust and the fear.

He was selfish for being so afraid. Everyone else around him had more of a right to be scared.

For example, his sister. She has to live with her father, she was to deal with being alone everyday when her older siblings didn't visit.

Or maybe George has it worse than Dream, too. He lives in an insecurity of not being excepted by part of his lovers family. He is leaving where he grew up for the last time, suddenly getting away from his own family for good.

They deserved to be loved and appreciated, they deserve to know that nothing is their fault. Nothing ever was. Nothing ever will be.

Dream makes sure of it.

So he calls Charlotte every single night. He listens to her dumb crush stories, and later finds out that the dream boy she had been talking about was not a male.

He had never heard her cry more than the night she told him. She was scared, she said she couldn't do it.

Dream had asked, 'what can you not do?'

She had replied, 'anything. I wish I could control this.'

He stayed up with her on the phone all night, told her George and Sapnap were both moving in, and made her laugh- doing whatever he could to distract her. Dream told her he was proud, and he said that multiple times.

He had then asked Charlotte to describe the girl she liked, and she did. He drew how he thought she looked, and he sent it to his sister. She laughed.

Laughed.

Dream made her happy. He made her smile, he distracted her. And after his call, he cuddled up in bed with Patches and George pridefully.

That night, something told him things would change. Something told him everything would be okay the next morning.

It was now the next morning. He couldn't even process what happened last night.

His socks smudged down on the hardwood kitchen floor as he approached George, who was standing in front of the counter and staring out the window.

Dream noticed he had much more of an interest now in nature surrounded by more sun.

He greets George by wrapping his arms around him from behind, hugging him to his chest. George doesn't flinch or act surprised, he heard him coming in.

"Good morning," he whispers, raspy, into his ear.

"Good morning, Dream," George returns and melts into the affection.

They fall silent as they think about each morning being like this. Waking up, embracing, eating lovely breakfast together, watching tv, deciding on later plans, eating lunch, watching more tv, eating dinner and falling asleep to warmth under clean cold covers.

Sometimes days would be different.

They'd wake up, they would stream, barely eat, take long naps, watch trashy soap operas to make fun of.