18 - arcade

He didn't mean to.

George didn't mean to kiss him.

He silently shuddered on the bathroom floor, hugging his knees as more knocks appeared on the door from the outside.

Dream was definitely speaking from outside the door while he knocked, but George didn't bother listening.

He stretched his fingers out in front of his face, striving to focus on anything besides the door.

"I'm so stupid, I'm so stupid." George uttered to himself in a whisper.

He flinched when the lock came undone and the door slowly opened, a small Bobby pin being held in Dreams hand.

"You used a fucking bobby pin to get in here?"

"Yeah, you weren't opening the door." Dream replied calmly, shutting it behind him.

After a slim moment of hesitation, he sat down beside George, both of their eyes gazed towards the sink and bodies not anywhere near touching.

Dream cleared his throat.

"Look-"

"I'm a hypocrite." George blurted. "I was the one to set the dumb rules and I already broke them all."

Dream pushed some side thoughts away to avoid blushing, and sighed.

"I don't care if what you just did was an accident," Dream breathed, "but.."

George glanced at him, feeling the urge to apologize again.

"But..?"

"But I don't get it." Dream easily finished off his sentence. "Maybe I'm a hypocrite too. I was the one to end everything last time you were here and now.. now I'm sure of what I want. It's not fair to you."

"You weren't at fault for that. You were the one who wanted to make sure I didn't have too big of issues with my family. You initiated everything well to come in to my life, and as soon as I met you I was sure of what I wanted. I was in deep denial before visiting, and deep down I knew that as soon as I saw you I-"

George cut himself off, trying to think about a way to reform his words.

"As soon as I saw you I knew I wouldn't be able to stay away. Look at me now, Dream. I still can't."

George completely turned his head the other direction knowing damn well Dream was looking at him.

"And Sapnap was right." He finished. "I ghosted you, and completely hurt you."

Dream was speechless at this point. What could he say?

George's voice was little. "I'm sorry."

Dream cleared his throat once more. "It's okay, George. Everything's okay."

"Why do you want someone who hurts you all the time?"

"It's just how it works. I'd still want you if you broke my leg," Dream chuckled, "I'd still want you if you never spoke to me again."

George side eyed him for the first time since staring at the sink.

"And I'd still want you if you decided it was best to just leave me in the dust here with no explanation. It's how it works, really. I'll always be here wanting you more and more everyday no matter what happens."

Dream folded his hands together and stared down at the floor. George's teeth fumbled over his lip.

"Do you um, want to go somewhere with me this weekend?"