19 - pretty boy

Everyone had a small amount of points left on their cards, so they decided to call it a night and cash out the virtual tickets.

As expected, Mr. Flores won the most tickets from his wins and had enough to buy a huge piñata.

Sapnap bought a board game, Dream got a small stuffed animal sloth and George also got a sloth plus a yoyo.

"Woo!" Mr. Flores cheered as he slammed his car door shut. He fished for the car keys in his pockets.

"Wasn't that fun, boys? Nothing like a good 'ole day at the arcade." He started the car.

George dropped his head onto Dreams shoulder, exhausted over all the excitement.

Mr. Flores squinted his eyes at them in the rearview mirror.

Sapnap was not at all paying attention as he was on his phone in the passengers seat.

"Tired, huh?" Mr. Flores's voice became unexpectedly serious as he stared at his son through the mirror. George lifted his head, and Mr. Flores looked back to the road.

"A little bit," George answered, then rubbed his eyes.

The car pulled out of the arcades parking lot.

"So what do you all want for dinner?"

"It's only two pm, dad. I think we should grab some lunch."

"Good point."

Mr. Flores didn't speak at all for the rest of the car ride, and just listened as Dream and George whispered to each other in the back seat and occasionally said stuff to Sapnap.

He only started speaking again when negotiating on places to eat.

This was pretty odd to Dream. His father was being quiet out of nowhere— and he wasn't sure why. He didn't try thinking about it too much though.

Eventually, everyone agreed on some diner with afternoon breakfast food.

"This looks really good." Sapnap said, pointing to a powdered sugar French toast option on the menu. He sat beside George, and Dream sat beside his father.

"It does. Lemme tell you, boys, my wife makes an amazing French toast. It's so good it doesn't even need powdered sugar. Isn't that right, Clay?" Mr. Flores was back to the random bickers when distracted by a conversation.

"Yeah."

Dream glanced across the table to George, who sat directly across from him with his elbow planted on the table and his chin in his palm.

In this moment he remembered where he would be taking George right after they all ate.

But he needed some sort of excuse to leave alone with him.

"Hey, uhm, dad?"

"Yes?"

"I actually told George I'd show him around Florida a bit more today before it got dark."

"Ooh! Can I come?" Sapnap blurted, interested.

Dream not so obviously widened his eyes at him.

"..or not." Sapnap corrected, and picked the menu back up.

Mr. Flores nervously scratched his head. "Are you sure you can be.. mature on your own?"