28 - calls

"Wait, what did you just say?" Dream asked as he looked to Sapnap and George. The two of them covered their mouths to prevent laughter.

Dream held his phone up to his ear, his sister on the other end.

"I told you I have a crush on someone in my class, Clay."

"Oh do you?" He said in a sing-song voice. "Does he like you back?"

George shook his head, embarrassed for him.

Charlotte groaned. "It doesn't matter. Mom said I'm not aloud to date anyways."

Sapnap grabbed the phone out of Dreams hand and pressed it to his own ear. "Ooooo Drista has a little crushhhhh." He mocked.

"Give me that back!" Dream shouted, trying his best to grab the phone from Sapnap.

Charlotte was yelling in frustration, upset that her brother was allowing his friends to listen to her 'very deep and personal' conversation, as she described it.

Dream finally retrieved his phone back, panting, and Sapnap dying of laughter falling off the couch.

"Why would you let them listen, idiot!" She screamed.

Dream began coughing, trying to speak through loud tea kettle wheezes.

She didn't speak again until her brother calmed himself.

"So, what's his name?"

"Oh my god," George sighed.

"Uhm- hold on.." Charlotte mumbled.

Dreams face dropped immediately. So did George's. Sapnap proceeded to die of laughter.

"Is everything okay?" Dream asked quietly, standing up from the couch in the living room. He mouthed, 'hold on' to them and went into the kitchen for more privacy.

"Uh, Clay, you totally don't have to, but dad is asking if he can talk to you.."

Dreams eyes fluttered shut. He should've seen his coming sooner or later.

He ran a hand through his hair and huffed. He couldn't ignore his father forever.

"Yeah."

Charlotte seemed to be surprised he was up for it. He listened to the shuffling on the other end.

"Hello?" The deeper voice echoed through Dreams head.

Mr. Flores chuckled. "I can. And right now, I'm going to tell you to stop acting like a child and scoot further away from.. him." He didn't even hesitate to point in George's face.

Dream swallowed. "Dad. Hello."

"Hey, how are you doing?"

Is he being serious? How can he just act like nothing happened?

Dream clicked his tongue. "I've been fine."

"How about Nick and George?"

"They're fine."

An uncomfortable silence fell upon them.

"When are you going to tell me why the fuck you want to talk? What do you want to do? What's your goal?"

"I just.. want our father son relationship to go back to how it was. I called to apologize."

"You seem like you want to guilt trip me into believing you're actually sorry. Why don't you call back when you realize you are one hundred percent in the wrong?"

"I might be in the wrong with my views, but let me tell you, I sure as hell have a larger brain than you."

"Really? How so?"

"We both know you can't handle a long distance relationship, Clay. Don't be like that."

Dream clenched his fists and unclenched. He knew his cheeks were burning with flustered anger.

"I can. You don't know what I'm capable of since you've never made an effort to find out."

Dream looked toward the living room to make sure no one was eaves dropping.

Mr. Flores's voice grew small. "When he leaves, you're going to be hurt. I see the way you look at him, you'll be hurt."

Dream propped his elbow up on the counter as his lips trembled. "You think I haven't though about that?"

"You haven't thought about it enough. That worries me."

"I don't care about what worries you," Dream chuckled, "notice how all of my happiness worries you? That's so funny. Isn't it?"

"Clay, take a deep breath. Please."

Dream listened. His breath slowed.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry about reacting in the way that I did. I embarrassed you in front of both of them, and completely humiliated you."

"And?" Dream waited.

"And what? I apologized."

Dream took a deep breath and stared at the basic marble counter. He didn't know what to say. He deserved a better apology than that, but he didn't want to talk.

"Call back a different day, dad. I-"

"Don't hang up on me."

And just like that, Dream hung up. He gently placed his phone down on the counter and buried his face into his hands.

Was he asking too much? He felt bad. He didn't know why but he did. He wanted to call back, he wanted to accept the apology. He wanted a hug. He wanted comfort. He wanted to feel accepted.

-

A/N

Sorry about the short chapter but I felt like this was important to publish quick enough :) the next one will be long I promise.

-

Another q&a time for anyone who wants to contribute!

Which character would you like to see show up more often?

Do you think Annie should make another appearance?

Would you prefer to see more fluff in further chapters?

Do you have theories on how this story will finish?

-

Alright, and since I have seen comments about this, I would like to say I do NOT write smut.

I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone, but I'm simply not good at it.

Yes, I have written spicy ish scenes that took a lot of thinking, but if I even attempted to write smut I'd completely fail.

Sorry again, but please do not expect any smut to show up!

Love you all!

~ kenzie <3