25. Coming Home

Yoongi slowly walked up the stairs, not really wanting to have this conversation with Jungkook but already knowing he needed to before Yoona got home. Looking at the time before pocketing his phone, Yoongi knew he had to have this conversation now, and hearing nothing but silence as he knocked wasn't a good first sign. Knocking again and waiting to only get silence in return again, Yoongi took the key Yoona gave him and let himself in, his eyes quickly scanning what he could see from the door.

"Jungkook, it's Yoongi." He called into the house, hearing a small bump above him upstairs, Jungkook seeming to move. "I'm coming in. I have some information about Yoona."

Now Yoongi could hear heavy footsteps moving quickly, the bunny hybrid running down the stairs, neither of them bothering to turn on any of the lights. Jungkook finally stopped just before he could jump to the bottom of the stairs, watching as Yoongi stepped into the house and close the door, turning the front light on. Yoongi started to turn other lights on, knowing he'd need to set everything up for Yoona to get back, Jungkook staying on the last step of the staircase as he watched the panther hybrid move through the house.

"What about Yoona?" Jungkook finally spoke up when Yoongi was standing in front of him once again, his ears standing straight up. "What did you hear?"

"She's coming home." Yoongi wasn't going to lie to him, nor was he going to drag this conversation out, he had 15 minutes to get Jungkook prepared. "She'll be here in 20 minutes but we need to have this place ready for her in 15 and I need to know that you aren't going to freak out on me while I'm in your territory."

"She's... really?" Yoongi could see the faint hints of a smile playing on Jungkook's lips before he looked back towards Yoongi. "Her room hasn't been touched, everything is ready for her there."

"With her knee still not completely healed, she'll probably be staying down here in the living room." Yoongi pointed towards the large couches. "She won't be able to walk at all so it would be easier to have her staying down here."

Jungkook nodded, quickly thinking of everything he would need to bring down to make sure Yoona was going to be comfortable downstairs, even thinking about himself staying downstairs with Yoona; "I'll get the stuff from her bedroom, I just can't have you go in there."

"It's okay, I understand." Yoongi nodded before pointing towards the kitchen. "I'm going to make her some tea and something to eat. I doubt she's eaten much today."

Yoongi had walked away from Jungkook after he nodded, still turning lights on as he went before he heard Jungkook speak again; "Hyung... do you... do you think she'll want me around?"

"She's been worried about you." Yoongi admitted to the bunny who stared at him wide eyed. "Even before everything that happened earlier today, she's been worried about you. She only called me to tell me she's coming home because she needed to talk to me about something else, but she wanted to know how you were doing." Yoongi saw it again, the faint smile on Jungkook's lips as he looked away, thinking about his mate. "She's always going to want to know if your alright Jungkook. She'll always want you around."

"I know your helping me with all this but also..."

"I understand." Yoongi nodded without Jungkook having to say anything. "When she gets here, no one will bother you and you can take care of your mate. I'll make sure no one comes in or out of this house without your say so."

"Thank you." Were Jungkook's last words before he was back up the stairs and moving towards Yoona's room, wanting to build her a livable burrow in the living room for her before she got home.

In the 15 minutes Yoongi was there, he had made tomato soup and a mountain of grilled cheese, knowing Yoona would devour them. His eyes would sometimes drift towards Jungkook who moved quickly around the living room, making it comfortable for Yoona and himself. Yoongi may not know a lot about rabbit hybrids, but he knew enough about them to know the burrow Jungkook was making was important for him. The almost overwhelming scent of Jungkook and Yoona surrounded the burrow, wafting into the kitchen towards Yoongi, almost masking that of the tomato soup and cheese.