34. Always Find Her

"Shut him up!" Jung-Hoon yelled, slamming his hand against the steering wheel in frustration, causing Sung-Jae to cry louder.

"He's hungry. If we could stop somewhere for 10 minutes I could feed him." Yoona remained calm, body turned towards Jung-Hoon, hand over the back seat and gripped between Sung-Jae's smaller ones. "Just 10 minutes, I promise."

Jung-Hoon's hand hit the steering wheel a few more times before he huffed; "10 minutes, it's all we can afford."

"Of course, Jung-Hoon. 10 minutes."

That seemed to calm the angry man, though the baby still cried out, taking a deep breath and reaching a hand out and placing it on Yoona's knee that sat between them, kneading at her skin in as much comfort as he could. Which wasn't as much as Jung-Hoon no doubt wanted to give, but Yoona was a good enough actor to rest into his touch,  even mustering up a well enough smile for Jung-Hoon. It helped enough to get Jung-Hoon to pull into a small gas station, looking around and checking everything before unlocking the doors and coming around to open Yoona's door for her.

"I'll go inside and get us something warm to drink, make sure the baby isn't crying when I'm back." Jung-Hoon looked seriously into Yoona's eyes, hands on her shoulders before leaning down and kissing her lips softly, lingering. "Don't go too far."

"I won't."

That was enough for Jung-Hoon to kiss Yoona again and walk into the station, Yoona finally getting Sung-Jae out of his seat and trying to shush him as well as she could. Yoona moved their bags around a little, laying out a blanket for Sung-Jae to sit comfortably while she looked for his bottle at the very least, which Jung-Hoon had seemed to pack. Releasing a deep breath, Yoona took Sung-Jae into her arms again, sitting him and finally placing the bottle in his mouth, which quietened the boy quickly. 

She turned around, eyes taking in the world around her, they had stopped at a small town Yoona had never been to, so she didn't really know where she was, just hoping Jin was tracker her before anything happened. Sung-Jae had been crying for barely 5 minutes before Jung-Hoon got angry, she didn't even want to think about the night when Sung-Jae would undoubtedly wake through the night. Yoona could only sweet talk so much before Jung-Hoon wouldn't respond to it, and she couldn't think of anything beyond keeping him as calm as she has, as a way to keep Sung-Jae as safe as she could. 

"So what do you think, buddy?" Yoona mumbled to Sung-Jae who looked up at her with wide eyes, enthusiastically sucking on the bottle, small ears twitching in a form of response. "Think they figured it out yet?"

Sung-Jae's small hand wrapped around one of Yoona's fingers, causing the woman to smile down at him; "Ah good, he's quiet again."

Jung-Hoon came from behind Yoona, kissing her cheek and holding what looked like two coffees, Yoona straining a polite smile; "Of course, he's a good boy."

"Yes he is. Always listens to his mother and father." Jung-Hoon reached for Sung-Jae, running a finger over his cheek, the hybrids hand gripping Yoona's finger tighter. "I got you a hot chocolate, I figured we could find a motel, stay for the night?"

"Of course, Jung-Hoon. Thank you."

That caused Jung-Hoon to do something Yoona never expected, head bowed a little made it harder to see, but Jung-Hoon was blushing and smiling like a school boy confessing to his first crush.  Yoona didn't dwell on it for too long, focusing back on Sung-Jae who's eyes were still wide and staring up at Yoona, as if scared to lose sight of her, which she thought was probably what the small hybrids instincts were telling him to do. Jung-Hoon moved around Yoona and Sung-Jae, sitting in the car and turning to watch them, sipping his own drink and reaching into the bag for some food.