4. Have Courage, Be Kind

Yoona and Jungkook had arrived back home a few hours ago, both exhausted from the day and yet still managing to stay upright. Yoona's feet had barely landed on the dirt ground in front of her house as she jumped out of the truck before Jungkook was running up the porch steps and into the safety of the house. Yoona understood he'd need time to rest, maybe even sleep for a few hours and she would let him do that, happily. Mr. and Mrs. Astor had watched Yoona pull in, even waving at them, then watched with wide eyes at the panic on the young bunny as he seemed to run away from Yoona and into the house.

Mr. Astor had called for two of his grandsons that were in their home, having already eyed everything on the bed on the truck and knew Yoona would need help. The three older men started to moved everything into the house, even offering to set them up when they needed help. Yoona thanked them as Mrs. Astor held onto her arm, wanting to talk to her a little more privately in case something bad had happened.

"Is Jungkook okay?" Mrs. Astor finally asked as they were a little way away, watching the men move things into Yoona's house.

"He should be fine." Yoona smiled softly to the older woman. "Everything became a little overwhelming for him and he didn't seem to want to give in when I offered to just take him home."

"Men are like that, aren't they?" Mrs. Astor fondly pointed to her own grandsons as they tried to balance more then they should be. "Always trying to prove their strength. Even the ones who need to be shown love the most."

"I know it's only the first day of him being here, of being free..." Yoona looked up towards where she knew Jungkook's window was shut. "I just don't know how to get across to him that he doesn't need to do everything on the first day. It took others months, sometimes years to reach where they are now."

"Just be patience." Mrs. Astor finally turned to Yoona, smiling reassuringly. "Rabbit hybrids are naturally social. Sooner rather then later he'll warm right up to you."

"Yoona," Mr. Astor and his grandsons came over to where the two women stood, talking. "Is there anything else you'd like us to help you with?"

"I can do everything else." Yoona smiled towards them. "I need to pack all the groceries away and then check on Jungkook."

"Everything will work out, sweetheart." Mrs. Astor helped Yoona to calm down, the older scenting Yoona. "We'll see you later. You still owe us dinner."

"I wouldn't pass up your cooking, Mrs. Astor." Yoona hugged the women before finally taking her leave with a wave to them all.

Mr. and Mrs. Astor had watched Yoona grow up, she had taken to calling them Grandmother and Grandfather from a young age. Though after her own Grandparents had died, Yoona had gone to calling them Mr. and Mrs. Astor. They had never once questioned the sudden switch, just hoping that one day her soul would be healed for her to accept a family once again. And as they watched her bound up the porch steps, her shoulders set in determination, they knew that the newest edition to the sanctuary just might be what helps.

Yoona was very thankful to the Astor for helping to pile everything into the living room, seeing the heavier stuff pushed out of the way to easier walk around it before she started to unload the groceries. Placing things where they belonged, Yoona was finished a lot quicker then she thought she would be, the thumping of an almost distraught rabbit hybrid above her allowed her to keep a face pace. She wanted to check on Jungkook, but also she didn't want to cause the hybrid even more distress by having him think that maybe he was to be punished for what had happened in town.

Seeing that it wasn't too late in the afternoon, Yoona made up two sandwiches, taking one upstairs where the thumping only grew louder and then silent as she got closer to his door. She knocked one the door twice before leaving the plate in front of his door, only to turn and leave straight back down to the kitchen to give him some peace. Yoona had hoped, maybe even prayed a little that Jungkook's door would open, that he would pick up the offering and move back down towards where she sat eating her own sandwich. She hoped he would one day be comfortable enough to be comfortable with her, to allow Yoona to help him.