33. What Could Have Been

Yoona moved around her kitchen, loving the peace and quiet in the house now Jungkook and all the boys were back to working in the fields. It had been a few weeks since Jungkook's rut, and Yoona was currently babysitting Sung-Jae, the small 9 month old who was napping. She checked the time, soon enough, Jin would be back with Maia and their elder kids from the doctors for checkup, thinking it was time to start making lunch.

Already knowing Jungkook would be stopping by for lunch, Yoona had a lot to make, even when Sung-Jae woke from his nap, she didn't slow down. Sung-Jae happily babbled, talking to Yoona who held him on her hip, pointing and grabbing at things she held. Yoona's smile wouldn't leave her lips, talking back to Sung-Jae who happily chewed on bits of banana, even if wiping most of it on Yoona's shoulder.

"Ah, that must be them," Yoona spoke to Sung-Jae who giggled, hearing the soft knocks on the front door, pulling the pan off the heat and turning it off. "I wonder why they didn't just come in? Huh? What do you think, Jae?"

Sung-Jae babbled louder now, giggling as Yoona walked them towards the door, housting the soon to be toddler higher on her hip. Wiping the small layer of sweat from her brow, Yoona got to the door, seeing it wasn't locked and shrugging, maybe they were just being nice.

"The door was open, you cou-"

"Hey, you two are together. That's good." Jung-Hoon smiled widely, something almost, loving, in his eyes as he stared at Yoona holding Sung-Jae, who wrapped her arms tighter around the still babbling baby. "Are you ready to go?"

"Go?" Yoona couldn't help asking, looking over Jung-Hoon's shoulder, seeing if she could catch anyone's attention. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to get you. And our son."

"'Our'?" Yoona's eyes were wide, Sung-Jae's small round ears atop his head stood straight, the baby hybrid froze in Yoona's arms now. "What?"

"Come on, we don't have time to waste." Jung-Hoon stepped in through the doorway, reaching a hand out to sit on Sung-Jae's back, the small hybrid burrowing into Yoona's neck, as if sensing just how wrong this all was. "Are you packed and ready? It's okay if you aren't? We can get what you need when we get there."

Yoona was completely confused, staring at Jung-Hoon standing in front of her, she hadn't seen or heard from him in months. Yet, here he stood, with an almost familiar smile on his face, happy to see her and asking her to go with him. There was no telling what exactly would happen if she went along with it, much less did she know what would happen if she apposed him. With Sung-Jae in her arms, holding onto Yoona with dear life, Yoona didn't know what to do, except to protect him.

"Oh, you've cooked." Jung-Hoon looked over Yoona and Sung-Jae and into the kitchen, before looking back towards them. "How about I pack the food up and you go get your things for the both of you. I'll meet you back down here in 10 minutes."

Yoona merely nodded, alarm bells ringing in her head, at least they would be as far away from Jung-Hoon as the upstairs bedrooms would give them. She felt his eyes on her, as she walked upstairs, trying not to run in a panic, before getting to her bedroom, not wanting to risk closing the door. There, she was so happy to remember her phone was in her pocket, for once it wasn't left on the counter in the kitchen, out of reach from a situation such as this. It was a no brainer, Yoona would have to send out a mass text message, turn on her locator and pack a small bag, to make sure nothing escalated or harmed Sung-Jae.

Sitting Sung-Jae on the bed, making sure he wouldn't fall off, Yoona talked softly too the frightened baby; "Hey, its okay. Yoona's here, your safe. Shhh."

Yoona kept talking softly to Sung-Jae, the small mouse hybrid reaching for her, as she ran around the room packing merely a backpack and baby bag she had of Sung-Jae's stuff. The message was quick, simple, and enough to let them know that she was in some type of danger right now. She saw that it was sent before placing the phone in a rolled up pair of socks, hiding it in the bottom of the backpack, and turning towards Sung-Jae. Yoona had no clue where they'd be going, much less have any idea of what was to happen, so she had to be smart about everything from now on. She quickly changed Sun-Jae, changing his diaper and clothes, putting the small hybrid into something a little easier to travel in before shouldering both bags.