17. Time in Dying

Finally after calming Jungkook down enough, Jin had realized that Jungkook had blood on his hands and a little on his clothes and he didn't know. Jin wanted to move Jungkook, have him get cleaned up, but he was smart enough to know that Jungkook wasn't going to be moving from his seat any time soon. The most Jin could do was exactly what he was doing in that moment, crouched down in front of a completely zoned out Jungkook, cleaning his arms with a damp towel.

Even with all the noise around them, the group of 7 men all stayed deathly quiet, Jin would say a few words to HPA and doctors who walked passed them. But they were all set in where they sat, no one was leaving until they knew if Yoona was still breathing, or the horrors of the flatline was going to be their last memory of her.

"Namjoon." Namjoon was quick to stand, falling into the arms of his mate, wrapping Reyna into his own warm embrace. "My boys?"

Reyna didn't have to wait long until Jimin and Taehyung were both wrapped around the two, scenting each other, letting them know they are all safe and here. Jungkook couldn't watch them for long, they were waiting in the hospital, with painful white walls and too may machines buzzing, his own mate's life in question. Jungkook chose to focus on Jin's movements, watching as his friend cleaned his own hands of blood, of Yoona's blood.

"Are you three okay?" Reyna leaned back to check them over, Namjoon's hands staying on Reyna as she started to check Jimin and Taehyung over for injuries. "What about-"

Reyna cut herself off as she caught sight of Jungkook, staring straight over Jin's head at the wall, not focused on anything. She took a step back from the boys, raising a hand to them to allow her to move closer towards Jungkook and Jin. Jin looked up and gave a small smile to Reyna, Jungkook not even flinching as Reyna sat next to him, starting to check Jungkook for injuries. 

"Jungkook, are you okay?" Reyna asked as she got Jungkook to look at her, only receiving a halfhearted nod. "I bought you some clothes, can you change for me?"

"I don't..." Jungkook turned and pointed towards the operating room where Yoona had been wheeled into more then an hour ago.

"There is a bathroom just behind us, you won't be too far, you just need to change out of these clothes." Reyna nodded at Jin, allowing him to stand and sit himself down, taking Jungkook's hand to help him stand. "Come on."

"You'll tell me if something happens?" Jungkook turned to look at Jin.

"Of course I will." Jin promised with a soft smile before Jungkook finally allowed Reyna to lead him away.

It was only then, when Jungkook had rounded the corner with Reyna that Jin allowed himself sag in exhaustion. Burying his head in his hands, Jin took a few deep breaths, he needed to be strong for Jungkook, he needed to be strong for Yoona. Jin couldn't allow himself to fall apart in front of Jungkook, he didn't need that, and Jin would never let Jungkook go through that, not after everything.

"You good?" Yoongi asked, offering Jin his coffee, which he gratefully took.

"Yeah." Jin nodded, taking large gulps of coffee.

"You know, you don't have to do that." Yoongi leaned his head back, closing his eyes from the harsh lights. "You don't have to coddle him like a child. He can handle it."

 "He might be able to..." Jin gratefully took another large gulp of coffee. "But I don't know if I can."

Yoongi nodded in understanding, Yoona was just as important to the hybrid as she was to the human next to him; "You're allowed to break down. Jungkook won't look at you differently."

Jin merely nodded, leaning his arms against his knees, his head falling forward as he breathed deeply, holding back tears. Yoongi didn't say anything else, instead moving closer to the older man, his arm going around him as they both sat there. Exhaustion was finally catching up to everyone, Namjoon sitting down with two hybrids falling asleep on him, Hoseok curled up on a chair next to Yoongi asleep, all of them waiting for the day to be over.