11. Warmth of the Sun

Warmth, surprising warmth wrapped around them

The night was the quietest the sanctuary had ever been since Jungkook came to Yoona, laying together in the warmth of each other's presence. Jungkook happily held Yoona as they slept, his arms wrapped under her and around her to keep Yoona as close as possible, the light tingle of the feeling of Yoona's lips that had briefly touched his still lingers. He couldn't be happier; she had chosen him, after every moment of darkness his life had endured, Yoona had proudly chosen him.

For the first time since meeting, Jungkook had woken up before Yoona, catching the rays of sunlight seeping through the sheer curtains as the sun rose. Light bounced around the room, completely covering it in the warmth of the two that lay in bed together. Jungkook subconsciously pulled Yoona closer to his chest, resulting in Yoona turning around to lay across his chest, which only caused Jungkook to smile to himself as the sunlight focused on Yoona.

Jungkook wished he could have captured the moment, how Yoona's lips parted in a happy sigh as the warmth completely enveloped her. Captured the moment that the sun shone through her hair, causing it to glow a golden colour he had never seen before. How her body wiggled closer and closer to his own, her own arms and legs thrown over Jungkook's body.

"I promise, Yoona," Jungkook whispered into the early morning sun filled room, whispering to not disturb the moment. "I promise to love you and protect you for the rest of our lives."

It was a promise to the universe, to Yoona herself, to the cosmos that he had never vowed to before, that he would always be there for her, that he would always love her unconditionally. In the months he had been there, the months he had happily called Yoona home, the months she had given him the chance to leave the Bonavich's, Jungkook knew he would fall in love with her. Not because she showed him kindness, nor was it because she rescued him and allowed him to stay with her, because Jungkook knew he it was not ever going to be something so superficial.

No, Jungkook knew he would fall in love with her because his soul had been calling to her, calling in a way that only she could answer in this lifetime. And in a world of hybrids and humans, hybrids knew the importance of a soulmate, he knew just how important and rare an occurrence like a soulmate could be. Jungkook knew the importance of his soul and Yoona soul being one, it was a truly rare thing that Jungkook didn't think was even possible.

"Mmm," Yoona stirred, causing Jungkook to push the fallen hair from her face. "'oodmornin'." Yoona mumbled as she stretched her limbs.

"Good morning." Jungkook couldn't stop the laugh that left him as he watched his mate cuddled back into him.

"Warm..." Yoona mumbled against Jungkook's skin, causing him to sigh, feeling goosebumps rise on everywhere her breath reached.

"I know your warm," Jungkook whispered back as he looked over her nest of hair at the clock on the table. "But it's time to get up."

"No, I don't want to." Yoona's soft voice caused Jungkook to laugh, Yoona smiling at the vibrations it caused Yoona to smile herself.

"Come on, Noona." Jungkook help to sit Yoona up on the bed next to him, sitting up and turned completely towards her. "You have work to do. And so do I."

"But it's so early." Yoona's eyes were still closed, her hair in completely different directions, and a slight dried patch of drool sat on the edge of her pouted lips, and yet Jungkook had never seen her so beautiful. "I just want to stay in bed."

"I know it is, Noona." Jungkook pushed Yoona's hair back, loving how she laid her head on his palm, nuzzling into it as if she were the hybrid. "But we still have to get up and start the day."