19. A Chance to Recover

"We need to get her out of here." Jungkook said in a panic. "If they didn't arrest him, he'll only be back for her."

"Jungkook..."

Namjoon tried to call for the younger, who only seemed to pace around them all, his ears stood straight up, his eyes frantically looking around. They were currently concerned about Yoona's wellbeing, in the months to come for her recovery, now they had something new to worry about. They had to be on the look out for Jungkook's brother, and no one knew if they should be looking out to help the man, or be fearful of him.

"Jungkook, stop or a minute." Namjoon tried again as the bunny moved past him, looking around the corner for anyone.

"I got it." Hoseok whispered to Namjoon as he moved past him and towards Jungkook, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, Jungkook."

Jungkook turned wide eyed to stare at Hoseok, only for Jungkook to crumble into Hoseok's arms. Hoseok had always been a little more in tune to the wellbeing of others around him, he was a watcher over their family. And Jungkook had soon become part of his family, and right now all he needed was for someone to take care of him, so Hoseok would.

"We can wait for you to calm down, okay?" Hoseok softly asked to the hybrid who nodded against him, hearing Jungkook softly sniffle. "You don't have to talk about it straight away."

The thing about this mixed match family of hybrids and humans, was simply that they had known each other for so long, even if their lives took them along other adventures. Jungkook may be a new addition to the family, but even then, Hoseok new how to take care of him, take care of them all. Hoseok knew that even though Namjoon looked out for them all, it was all of them that looked after him, Hoseok also knew that sometimes Yoongi needed a little more attention without it being obvious. 

Hoseok had also already picked up on how to take care of Jimin and Taehyung, and he had only meet them a few days ago when Namjoon introduce them. Hoseok had quickly fallen into a pattern of allowing Jimin to scent him, something about the fact that Hoseok was in fact a Beagle that calmed Jimin down to have his scent of Hoseok. And Hoseok would never hold that against him, allowing the fox to be comfortable in his presence, even if it was to just scent him.

Taehyung was a lot easier, he remembered Hoseok from his time with Yoona and naturally fell back into his routine of grooming Hoseok. The older would always feel Taehyung wrapping himself around him, to them feel him start to groom at Hoseok's ears. Hoseok had always loved how affectionate the tiger was, for being classed as a solitary predator hybrid, Taehyung was the most affectionate tiger he'd ever meet. And Hoseok knew how to look after the affectionate tiger easily and happily.

He also knew about the humans of the group, how he would always happily meet Yoona every afternoon at 4pm to walk the ground of the sanctuary. He would hold her hand and allow her to talk and talk and talk until they finally finished their rounds, for Yoona to invite him in for dinner. Before Jungkook had moved in, Hoseok spent most of his time with Yoona at the main house, not ever wanting her to be alone, but now she was never alone and that allowed Hoseok to relax.

Jin also received attention from Hoseok, but only when Hoseok knew Jin actually wanted the attention. Everyone knew that Jin didn't much like to have full attention on him, and Hoseok had long ago figured out the right type of attention to give the older man. Hoseok could sit with Jin in his presence as they both did their own things, and it would still be more then enough attention given to the older. In return, Jin was always pretty active with Hoseok, both of them constantly playing games and laughing with one another.

Hoseok was very much the watcher over his family; "Would you like to sit down? Or did you want to go for a walk?" And he was by far one of the most important part of the family.